US State Department Says New Testament is Anti-Semitic Hate Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, May 10, 2008.

1. anytime bro

[​IMG]

#11     May 11, 2008
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Lol!

#12     May 11, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

You guys need to chill - you actually have a constitutional amendment protecting speech. In Germany, Switzerland, or Austria, you go to jail for questioning details of the Holocaust, or for reading or publishing Mein Kampf. In the UK hate speech is a jailable offence, if it can be proved to be "inciting violence" (luckily a jury decides that here, rather than state-employed judges as on the continent, but it is worrying all the same).

Once people actually get prosecuted for publishing the Bible, then you might have a point. Until then, this thread is pure hyberbole and message-board BS, nothing more.

#13     May 11, 2008
  4. please tell me you are kidding? have you not watched the legislation they are trying to push? we are one fake terror incident from suspension of the bill of rights.

edit: suspension = permanent

#14     May 11, 2008
  5. stu

stu

Sure they need to chill but apparently the concern is far more urgent in a way that would transcend the constitution and dwells more in the realms of the very subject they wish to so acutely fret about.
    It's not free speech particularly , but a far more serious right to free fictional representation through figments of fancy.

The worry seems to be a notion that the state now wishes to control the roles played by particular characters within literary works of imagination.

A conspiracy is unfolding that Americans are soon to be told how folk lore and fictional events are to be voiced.

By such legislation, the OP appears frantic about the way he will not be able to hold that 3 bears harassed the imaginary Goldilocks , rather than she stole their porridge ,

And that Red Riding Hood was not persecuted by the Big Bad Wolf but will be instructed by law to tell how she purposely incited it to attack her.

Or the way in which via legislation, bureaucrats will decree it illegal for the OP to tell how an invented character called Jesus in another traditional fairy tale was executed by a certain group of people, rather than by the state authority of a country .

It would appear this fear is so serious it has taken grip over any real questions of freedoms being curtailed under a euphemistic homeland security, or open ended terror legislation, in basing much of its support through a -cheering up- derived from looking at cartoon characters which of course are necessary to motivate those minded toward the 'Fight For Free Fantasy'.

and so children , by such means, as achilles28 was pontificating his fanciful fabrications for the purposes of self aggrandisement, the big bad bastards went around the back of his constitutional brick house. Not needing to blow it down, and seeing how the little piggy was not looking , they let themselves in.

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~jlm42/3 pigs.jpg

#15     May 12, 2008
  6. I was killed for "sins".

If you interpret "sin" as the denial of reality, and then define reality as "Christ" or the "Son of God" or life itself, then you can understand how "life" seems to "die" because of "sin". Life can only seem to die when reality is denied. Man is the manifestation of "sin", for his very existence depends on a pseudo-mind in denial of reality. So man is synonymous with "sin". Man is a self-concept in the Son's mind, symbolizing dispersion, fragmentation, multiplicity, separation, division...all that is unholy. This concept virtually destroys the Son's mind, binding it to a body, severely limiting his freedom, and rendering him vulnerable to prolonged torture. Think: millions of years of "time". Pain *proves* that man is real. So does pleasure. Yet man is not real because it is not possible to deny, change, or destroy reality! That is the message of the miracle of resurrection. This means that man is a myth, no more "real" than Mickey Mouse. If man is a myth, then man is without sin. Without sin, man is "saved". But the cost of his salvation is that he no more exist. Therefore I said, "lay down your 'life' that you may live". Salvation comes when man chooses to put off self-concepts, replacing himself with knowledge of Self. Only Self is real. And there is only ONE SELF for all mankind. Therefore salvation comes from Oneself. I represented that Self in parody. All of man is also that Self, in denial of Self. That's why I said, "whatsoever you do to the least of these my brethren, you do it unto me".

The "Jews" symbolize self-concepts in denial of Self. They do not exist. So they are innocent in reality.

Jesus

#16     Jun 11, 2008
  7. jem

jem

Stu is still refusing to acknowledge that the historian of the time we have is Josepheus.

And that Josephues mentioned Jesus and Christians multiple time.

We all know that one passage was added a later date (the sentence which declared jesus divine). However, once you excise the questioned augmentation - you still have multiple references to Jesus and Christians.

Now remember Stu does not accept the authority of dictionaries to define - atheist - so there is no reason for him to accept the opinion of historians as to what constitutes historical records.

So stu is free to say jesus did not exist. He is bound by no stardards.

#17     Jun 11, 2008
  8. This thread is retarded. The original poster utterly overreacted to a innocuous statement taken out of context & misunderstood. (As for the historicity of Jesus, that couldn't possibly be less relevant.)

The truth is, a lot of anti-Semitic rhetoric does dwell on the role of Jews in the death of Jesus. When someone applies that connection to modern Israel, implying that there is a noteworthy link between Israelis and the death of Jesus, there is in fact an extremely good chance you're looking at anti-Semitic propaganda. That is precisely what this State Department document is claiming, no more and no less, if you read their actual words with an open mind and good language comprehension.

The key is to "take into account the overall context" as the document suggests. Clearly in the context of the New Testament, nobody's inclined to level charges of anti-Semitism, whereas in a different context it could be a good indicator of an anti-Semitic agenda.

Funny that you omitted that specific phrase in your quote. It really takes effort to make such a reasonable and blandly written document seem inflammatory. Is this the result of the latest e-mail chain letter being forwarded around some gullible congregation?

Martin

#18     Jun 11, 2008
  9. The thread is retarded, but what do you expect from the original poster - a paranoid nimrod who is convinced Bush attacked this country on 9/11 and that it will happen again?

If you really want to watch him go batty, just ask him to provide evidence that the US is a police state. You'll get a lot of fluff and nothing substantial, which is the common MO of lozzzers like him.

#19     Jun 11, 2008
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Still sore from that smackdown I gave you on the AR thread, Hapadouche?

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to slander my good name around here. Thats so out of character for you.

Its okay, Hapless. Anytime you start running your mouth, everyones gonna get a nice earful of your paranoid fantasies:

THATS RIGHT FOLKS. HAPABOY THINKS MUSLIMS WILL INFILTRATE THE UNITED STATES, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF US AND SET UP A THOUSAND-YEAR ISLAMIC THEOCRACY ON THE RUBBLE OF THE AMERICAN REPUBLIC.

I shit you not!

Grow some balls, you Chickenshit!

[​IMG]

#20     Jun 11, 2008