US soldiers doing Nigerian 419 scam?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 16, 2010.

1. I got this in an email today.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCEMonday, August 16, 2010 1:37 PM
    From: "John Anthony" dez15@us.army.mil Add sender to ContactsTo: undisclosed-recipients

Hello,

I write you after proper consideration that a telephone conversation may not be the ideal medium to contact you.

I got your contact through my search on the internet for a reliable person. i am in National Guard Artillery unit here in Iraq, we discovered some funds when on routine foot patrol in Khalis Iraq at companies compound.

We can't keep these funds so we want to move the funds to you to keep it for us in your safe account.

The money is legit. if you are interested get back to me for details.

This business is risk free.
    Capt.J. Anthony.

Now whats unusual is that this is coming from a us.army.mil email address. Normally when I get these types of emails they come from a gmail, hotmail,or yahoo account. Are these US soldiers trying to pull something or has the military been hacked?

2. Some state college grad will be all over that,

the address is probably a proxy

3. MAn gotta be legit whats the risk I say go for it. Worst case you lose 10 bucks or so.

Think of it as buying a real OTM option with 2 days left.

4. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

The email addy is bullshit and non-existent. Buried somewhere in the header of the message is a reply-to addy that is not the military addy that got your panties in a twist.

But of course, you ran to post it here first rather than google it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=us+military+email+scam

5. don't pay attention to this kind of email, this would be a joke from some1 that know your email address.