US Soccer Captain Protests During Anthem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jun 12, 2019.

1. The women's soccer team is also suing the US Federation because they do not make the same money as the men's team.

U.S. Women’s Soccer Captain Megan Rapinoe Refuses to Sing National Anthem During World Cup
    106EmailRedditTwitter

[​IMG]
    Getty Images
    WARNER TODD HUSTON12 Jun 20191,026
    1:56
    U.S. Women’s National Soccer team co-captain Megan Rapinoe refused to sing the national anthem during Tuesday’s World Cup game in France, only six days after the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
    Rapinioe stood silent with her arms behind her back as the rest of the U.S. team placed their hands over their hearts and sang the Star-Spangled Banner ahead of Tuesday’s game in Reims, France.

The 33-year-old U.S. star kept a stony demeanor as the rest of her team sang the Star-Spangled Banner in the Auguste-Delaune Stadium.

Rapinoe had already warned that she would “never sing the anthem again.”

“I’ll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” Rapinoe said in May adding she views herself as “a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of “everything I stand for.”

“I feel like it’s kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it,” Rapinoe said. “Because I’m as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don’t get to tell me if I can be here or not. So, it’s kind of a good ‘F you’ to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don’t look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing.”

Rapinoe had taken to kneeling during the national anthem until the U.S. team ruled that all players must stand for the anthem.

The U.S. women went on Tuesday to win the biggest blow-out in World Cup history by beating Thailand 13-0.

But Rapinoe came under a wave of criticism from fans disgusted with her lack of gratitude and patriotism on foreign soil.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...ses-to-sing-national-anthem-during-world-cup/

2. She must be a lezbo or some other type of perma-angry lefty.

dozu888, Scataphagos and Clubber Lang like this.
  3. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

On the spectrum of really-boring-women pink/violet hair is the second most boring. The most boring women of all sport blue/green hair. <yawn>

Clubber Lang likes this.
  4. elderado

elderado

The real news here is that no one gives a flying fuck.

5. Didn't know or care who she was prior to today, won't care tomorrow either. I don't know any of her male counterparts either so why the fuck would I give a shit about her? Just another attention whore getting her 15 minutes.

smallfil and elderado like this.
  6. Ya'll are a bunch of poor ignorant fucks here.

The women are the best in the world and the men are absolute shit.
    The women's national team should be making more than the men if anything.

Stop pretending to be a trader and go fuck your ugly wife.

Tony Stark likes this.
  7. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...ween-men-and-women-is-justified/#57b493b66da4
    The men still pull the World Cup money wagon. The men's World Cup in Russia generated over $6 billion in revenue, with the participating teams sharing $400 million, less than 7% of revenue. Meanwhile, the Women's World Cup is expected to earn $131 million for the full four-year cycle 2019-22 and dole out $30 million to the participating teams.

It doesn't matter how good you are. It matters how much revenue you generate. The U.S. women's program generated more revenue than the men's program in 2015 because they won the world cup, but they've generated significantly less revenue over the past decade.

Clubber Lang and AAAintheBeltway like this.
  8. smallfil

smallfil

You are an ignorant SOB troll! Go F yourself!

9. LacesOut

LacesOut

Hahahahahaha.
    Women’s Soccer...
    Angry Libtard Dyke TDS afflicted Women’s soccer....

Here’s a list of all the people who have her poster on their wall:

10. DTB2

DTB2

Soccer in USA is for people who can't play other sports. Nobody cares.

#10     Jun 12, 2019
    smallfil and wildchild like this.