US seizes account of top BitCoin exchange MtGox

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by mutluit, May 16, 2013.

1. you try to implement your own currency, you lose!!!

how dare you ..... TERRORISTS!!!!

I hope the gov't puts everyone in prison, takes all their homes, money, and revokes their citizenship!!!

now..... for $10,000 in USD....I will show you how to make real money that is used by the government!!!

#11     May 16, 2013
  2. I have read more than a few stories of peoples bitcoin wallets getting emptied. What can you do about it when your money gets stolen? Nothing. Sure you can report to the police. "Hey someone with a wallet named "MoMuny4MeLuLZ" stole my virtual currency."

What can the police do, though? Nothing, because everyone is anonymous. And even if they could figure out who took your money, what are they going to do when they find out the person who took your money is some 16 year old kid in china? Are they going to fly to china and arrest him because he stole $500 or $1,000 from you? No.

If you have bitcoins now...Sell. This is just another tulip mania. I literally spent 2 straight days reading everything I could about this bitcoin because it sounded really really legit. In an honest world, it would work, but as long as computer viruses exist and hackers are out hacking, bitcoin will be destined for ruin. The temptation for computer hackers to put malware in peoples computers to get their keycodes is too tempting. You get someones bitcoins and they are literally yours and nobody can ever take them off you(except other hackers)

I just googled this article...basically says the same thing I just did.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/hackers-bitcoin_n_3052648.html

#12     May 16, 2013