US SEC clears last hurdle for single-stock futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by brad1970, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Babak

Babak

cartm, I don't remember the source but I read that they start sometime in October 2002. But still nothing set in stone.

#21     Sep 1, 2002
  2. cartm

cartm

Thanks.........I guess I will believe it when they actually start trading.........

#22     Sep 1, 2002
  3. after all of the info has been published in the Federal Register.

Since "One-Chicago" wants to start trading on a Friday, I believe that this might put us into a launch date of September 27th or October 4th at the earliest.

Check out: www.onechicago.com

Or contact: Marty Doyle at One Chicago (312) 424-8520

#23     Sep 2, 2002
  4. zcar

zcar

no solid answer yet. Can anyone confirm if the the underlying stocks will not have to obey the uptick rule?

#24     Sep 2, 2002
  5. I believe that the underlying security WILL CONTINUE TO ABIDE BY THE UPTICK RULE.

The real question is how much of the spread in premium between the SSF and the underlying security will get "arbitraged" out.

Take a look at the August 2002 issue of "SFO" Magazine ( Stock Futures & Options ) that features CEO of Mercury Trading on the CBOE, and former Chicago Bears linebacker, Paul Najerian on his comments regarding the SSF's and his plans to be a lead market-maker. I believe the article starts out on page 41.

www.sfomag.com

#25     Sep 2, 2002
  6. who cares. Buy a bullet cheapskates!!

#26     Sep 3, 2002