US seared during hottest year on record by far

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Jan 10, 2013.

1. jem

jem

But was 2012 really the warmest year on record in the U.S.? It may have been, but the truth is that we don’t know. There are two reasons for this. First, the historical data sets published by NCDC and NOAA lack integrity. Those organizations, which receive many millions of government dollars to promote global warming theory, do not publish raw data. Rather, as we explained here, they first adjust the data. How do they adjust it? They depress the temperatures that were actually recorded in past decades, in order to make today’s temperatures look warmer by comparison:

Below is a copy of the national weather data summary for February 1934. If we look at, say Arizona, for the month we see that the state average temperature for that month was 52.0°F. [Ed.: This is the paper version that was published at the time.]

However, if we look at the current NCDC temperature analysis (which runs from 1895-present) we see that for Arizona in February 1934 they have a state average of 48.9°F, not the 52.0°F that was originally published.

Why do they do this? Follow the money. In another universe–a universe without Democratic Party-controlled media–this would be a major scandal.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01/was-2012-the-hottest-year-on-record-in-the-us.php

#31     Jan 11, 2013
  2. jem

jem

first comment here...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-09/its-getting-hot-here-2012-hottest-year-record

From National Geographic:

“Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of the St. Petersburg’s Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, says the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun.“

From MIT on Pluto

“the average surface temperature of the nitrogen ice on Pluto has increased slightly less than2 degrees Celsius over the past 14 years.”

Since Pluto is moving further away from the Sun and continuing to warm despite that fact, it indicates that something doesn’t fit into “Solar Constant” dismissal theories.

From Space.com on Jupiter:

“The latest images could provide evidence that Jupiter is in the midst of a global change that can modify temperatures by as much as 10 degrees Fahrenheit on different parts of the globe.”

From MIT on Triton:

“At least since 1989, Triton has been undergoing a period of global warming. Percentage-wise, it’s a very large increase,” said Elliot, professor of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences and director of the Wallace Astrophysical Observatory. The 5 percent increase on the absolute temperature scale from about minus-392 degrees Fahrenheit to about minus-389 degrees Fahrenheit would be like the Earth experiencing a jump of about 22 degrees Fahrenheit.”

So there is Global Warming on at least 4 other bodies in our Solar System that co-insides with the recent warming on Earth. Doesn’t this point strongly towards the Sun or some other Cosmic force as the cause?

On the origin of the runaway global warming theory of CO2 Feedback and Venus (PDF):

“Why is the albedo of Venus important? When the albedo is at 0.80, the Global Warming Theory falls apart. . .

The carbon dioxide levels on Earth have risen from approximately 0.028% to 0.036% in the last few decades. It is a major stretch to compare this with Venus at a 96.500% carbon dioxide level and promote an uncontrollable runaway condition. Earth in its early history, 385 million years ago, had an atmosphere with 10 times the present carbon dioxide levels. Those elevated levels did not produce runaway global warming then, so why should we theorize that it would today?”

Pre-conceived agendas and a scorched earth policy of accusing any critics of complicity with Big Oil or the Republican Party impedes the scientific process. Likening people who do not agree with doomsday Anthropogenic Global Warming theories to Holocaust Deniers does not get us closer to the truth. In Science, when did “Skeptic” become such a bad word?

An experiment that hints we are wrong on climate change:

“The best measurements of global air temperatures come from American weather satellites, and they show wobbles but no overall change since 1999.

That leveling off is just what is expected by the chief rival hypothesis, which says that the sun drives climate changes more emphatically than greenhouse gases do. After becoming much more active during the 20th century, the sun now stands at a high but roughly level state of activity. Solar physicists warn of possible global cooling, should the sun revert to the lazier mood it was in during the Little Ice Age 300 years ago.

In a box of air in the basement, they were able to show that electrons set free by cosmic rays coming through the ceiling stitched together droplets of sulfuric acid and water. These are the building blocks for cloud condensation. But journal after journal declined to publish their report; the discovery finally appeared in the Proceedings of the Royal Society late last year.”

Open Letter of Resignation to the IPCC from Chris Landsea:

“I personally cannot in good faith continue to contribute to a process that I view as both being motivated by pre-conceived agendas and being scientifically unsound.”

Global-warming alarmists intimidate dissenting scientists into silence:

“But there is a more sinister side to this feeding frenzy. Scientists who dissent from the alarmism have seen their grant funds disappear, their work derided, and themselves libeled as industry stooges, scientific hacks or worse. Consequently, lies about climate change gain credence even when they fly in the face of the science that supposedly is their basis.”

– MIT Professor Richard Lindzen

#32     Jan 11, 2013
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#33     Jan 11, 2013
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I didn't go for a PhD but I was invited to. The uncertainty of it all was very unattractive. I knew people who were at USC in the PhD program for 5 or 6 years and had taken all of the classes and written their dissertation but still had not earned their PhD. They never really told those guys that they should go home, they just let them languish in some laboratory grading undergraduate homework until they figured it out on their own. I figured I was better off just going out and making money but I still feel a twinge of regret for not trying to get the big sheepskin. It would be pretty cool to be "doctor" instead of "mister".

I was very lucky at school and fell into a position working with a bunch of post-doctoral researchers (guys that simply never left the university, even after they finished their PhD). I guess I was the only undergraduate in the whole school with an office. I did some modeling of small Larmour radius electron gyration and worked on the USC Electron Cyclotron Maser (I designed the pre-modulating cavity on the front end). After having some success with modeling on a workstation (an IBM RISC 6000 I shared with one graduate student, we hid it in a utility closet and accessed it remotely) my mentor got us some grant time on the Cray at the San Diego Supercomputer Center. For a couple of years I could open a micro-X window on my desktop at home and hit that Cray. I've never really mentioned it to anyone because it doesn't have anything to do with my work and it isn't even on my resume but I still think it was cool. Women weren't impressed though. :D

The best thing about going to a good school is that no matter what happens in your life or career nobody can take that degree away from you. That is the real power of an education, the investment can't be taken from you. By the way, pspr has the same degree as I, a BSEE.

#34     Jan 11, 2013
  5. Jem, you idiot, the earth outgasses CO2 when it WARMS not cools. I never said it outgasses when it cools. You did. Once again showing how clueless you are.

from NOAA data, multiple datasets

Can you numbnut deniers read a chart? Maybe I'm assuming too much of you.

[​IMG]

#35     Jan 11, 2013
  6. And yet, even with such a degree, one can still be incredibly ignorant. One can still be a partisan ideologue above all else. One can still not see the obvious because of that. They just can't admit Al Gore is right.

#36     Jan 11, 2013
  7. Eight billion tons of CO2 per year are being released into the atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels. This is a fact. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. This is a fact. CO2, from the burning of fossil fuels has gone up some 37% since the start of the industrial revolution. This is a fact.

Now here's a simple intelligence test.

Given the above facts, one would expect the following is most likely...

A) No change in temps

B) A rise in temps

C) A lowering of temps

D) It doesn't matter because GW is a democratic/liberal/ UN designed hoax to control the freedoms of real Americans. Or something like that.

#37     Jan 11, 2013
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Nonsense. Al Gore is wrong and he's a huge wanker as well.

You wouldn't know if the science was right or wrong anyway. You just repeat whatever material you see that fits your indoctrination. There is a reason you install air conditioners. Its good that you have a job but you're no scientist.

#38     Jan 11, 2013
  9. See. I knew it. You hate Al Gore, so no matter what he says he is wrong in your ideologically warped mind. Thank you.

BTW....I assume you choose "D" and therefore you fail the intelligence test.

#39     Jan 11, 2013
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

There certainly is a lot of hot gas in this thread.

#40     Jan 11, 2013