US seared during hottest year on record by far

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Bullshit. Crap denier pseudo-science. There was no scandal. It was looked at upside and sidewise by multiple investigations and they were cleared of any wrong doing. They were guilty of trying to present the information in the most clear way. There was no fudging.

The models are fine. This current "plateau" is within expected variances. If anything the models have underestimated the rates of warming.

And we have not stopped warming. Period. The essential truth is that we are still warming. You can play your lawyer word games all day. I do essential truth, not word games.

Show me where we have stopped warming on this chart. Current to 2011, and 2012 was the ninth warmest on record..

[​IMG]

Your AGW denial stuff is just nonsense.

You still haven't answered my question. Is CO2 a greenhouse gas?

#101     Jan 14, 2013
  2. The skeptic argument...

Temp record is unreliable

"We found [U.S. weather] stations located next to the exhaust fans of air conditioning units, surrounded by asphalt parking lots and roads, on blistering-hot rooftops, and near sidewalks and buildings that absorb and radiate heat. We found 68 stations located at wastewater treatment plants, where the process of waste digestion causes temperatures to be higher than in surrounding areas.

In fact, we found that 89 percent of the stations – nearly 9 of every 10 – fail to meet the National Weather Service’s own siting requirements that stations must be 30 meters (about 100 feet) or more away from an artificial heating or radiating/reflecting heat source." (Watts 2009)

What the science says...

The warming trend is the same in rural and urban areas, measured by thermometers and satellites, and by natural thermometers.

Surveys of weather stations in the USA have indicated that some of them are not sited as well as they could be. This calls into question the quality of their readings.

However, when processing their data, the organisations which collect the readings take into account any local heating or cooling effects, such as might be caused by a weather station being located near buildings or large areas of tarmac. This is done, for instance, by weighting (adjusting) readings after comparing them against those from more rural weather stations nearby.

More importantly, for the purpose of establishing a temperature trend, the relative level of single readings is less important than whether the pattern of all readings from all stations taken together is increasing, decreasing or staying the same from year to year. Furthermore, since this question was first raised, research has established that any error that can be attributed to poor siting of weather stations is not enough to produce a significant variation in the overall warming trend being observed.

It's also vital to realize that warnings of a warming trend -- and hence Climate Change -- are not based simply on ground level temperature records. Other completely independent temperature data compiled from weather balloons, satellite measurements, and from sea and ocean temperature records, also tell a remarkably similar warming story.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/surface-temperature-measurements.htm

#102     Jan 14, 2013
  3. jem

jem

I think your are the nut job now.

you buy into the crap... that emails are not damning... because some clowns who make money off gw tell you so..

the emails are very damning... these guys knew the data showed we had not been warming yet studies were flying around saying we were still warming.

Are you denying the emails?
    ==========================
    as far as your chart... lets deal with that in another post.

Post... the chart...
    explain what you think it means..
    provide the link...

i will then address it.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/j...obal-warming-loons-here-comes-climategate-ii/

or these...
    (an the author has admitted it is genuine...)

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:
    The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

or...

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?
    Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.
    Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.
    We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/j...n-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/

#103     Jan 14, 2013
  4. wjk

wjk

Why are you wasting your efforts here? This country has done a pretty damn good job reducing emissions. On the other hand, I trust you've seen the headlines regarding pollution in China. Perhaps you should go over there and start working on the gov about their coal plants...of course you'll be doing it from a labor camp, but it's a discussion that needs to be had, wouldn't you agree?

#104     Jan 14, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

A capital idea!

#105     Jan 14, 2013
  6. Tell it to Tsing Tao. Those are his people.

#106     Jan 14, 2013