US Props Trading Eurex

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rt5909, Jun 27, 2017.

1. rt5909

rt5909

I trade a lot of crude oil during US overnight hours, and therefore get to chat with Eurex traders. Had one ask this and I don't know: are there any traditional prop shop in the US that has a dedicated Eurex desk / group? I couldn't think of one, but that isn't my bag.

2. bone

bone

Every prop firm in Chicago that I know of trades Eurex, and has done so since the later 1990's.

Eurex has a substantial Chicago office, and throws some great events on a routine basis in Chicago - for a very good reason.

3. How`d you supposed to trade EUREX when it`s night, when the EUREX opened, in the US?

4. bone

bone

Eurex interest rate and index futures trades during US hours. Always have since the days of DTB. And many Chicago prop firms keep extended hours. Some 24 hours.

5. During what US hours?When DAX opens, for e.g., it`s midnight in the US.I trade DAX EUREX futures and moving to the US this fall/winter, so it`s a problem for me.

6. bone

bone

Bund trades from 12am US Eastern time until 4:00pm US Eastern time.

If you can trade the Bund, I personally don't see why you can't trade ZB or ZN as maybe that would suit US daytime hours better.

7. Don`t like the way those liquid assets move.Just doesn`t suit me.