US Post Office is prototypical for a future bankrupt America

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, May 28, 2011.

is the Post office pointing to a future bankrupt America

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. =============
    Actually , Mr Moderator,you may get great results by politely calling your US Rep, your Senators. One @ a time, otherwise its not wise:D

Like any insurance or option;
    certain time limits do apply.Constitution which limits gov, does specify Congressional oversight on PO...

Most of the post offices in TN are better than average;
    Memphis PO may be worse than average.Not a prediction.

I like snail mail, [turtle speed LOL]:D :D much more reliable than email.Forever stamps are a good idea, i dont care what Newt Ginrich said.

I did notice an improvement in USPS service after Memphis headquartered FEDX ran its ads/USPS rebuke ...

One South american nation[not Argentina or Uruguay] is known for poor postal service;they found out their SA postal employees were big time,stealing stamps off letters !That meant no delivery

Sounds like some are simply proving what happens when you combine unions with a lazy employee or drone.

#41     Jul 20, 2011
  2. The one problem with e statements is when you need some printed its expensive due to costly printer cartridges. And when I have asked there doesn't seem to be standardization with credit card companies how many years you can go back with online statements. So I pay online but make them send me paper statements.

#42     Jul 20, 2011
  3. corporations spend billions of dollars a year lobbing for their fair share of market values???

For an idealog dedicated to open markets they sure spend a lot of money attempting to interfere. Jamie Dimon, Blankfein, everybody at Enron all received their deserved market value?I guess if you define market value as what anyone can extract from the market then everyone deserves what they get. If it's a CEO or unskilled worker it makes no difference whatever method they use to extract market value they deserve the outcome, at least in a free market.

#43     Jul 20, 2011
  4. #44     Jul 20, 2011
  5. #45     Jul 20, 2011
  6. Illum

Illum

Good idea. Slice the post office in half at least. Who still gets letters? Anything shipped to you could be done with ups. Important documents to sign, fax or fedx.

#46     Jul 20, 2011
  7. the average salary of postal employees is approximately $48,000 annually—
    ---------------

Letter carriers pay is determined by the route. Yea, they could make 48k working 25 hours a week. One guy I know had a route paid 65k and he worked less than 30 hours a week. You're not going to get those dollars at fed ex or ups.

#47     Jul 20, 2011