US Oil Supply is Exploding - Profound GeoPolitical Implications

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by bone, Oct 24, 2011.

1. I read about a third of the post and moved to the end looking for the punch line.

#11     Oct 24, 2011
  2. Funny, You're a witty guy denner, :cool:

#12     Oct 24, 2011
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Unfortunately, there is no EliteOilWellsOwner.com to post his pic and comment about his success at trading.

#13     Oct 25, 2011
  4. Ambrose really needs to do some elementary math before writing such bullshit. From the DOE website, available to anyone with curiosity, is a wealth of statistical data.

We are nowhere near a domestic oil supply of 72%.

THANK YOU - I knew that stat was ridiculous, but was too lazy to look up the current figures. The author is either a blatant liar or totally incompetent. Amazing the wide play this piece of garbage article is getting. I heard it referenced 3 times in the last week.

#14     Oct 29, 2011
  5. Well, the abundance of gas is not limited to the U.S. The latest World Energy Outlook of the International Atomic Energy Agency released in early November basically launched natural gas on all buses by predicting congestion will worsen next year and will last 10 years, which fade gradually as demand grows strongly in China.

#15     Nov 15, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is what I don't get about this Canada - Mexican Gulf pipeline:

Why not just build a refiner somewhere in the middle of America and we could use all of the oil from those tar sands? Why do we want to ship it to somewhere else???

I don't think they can mine/produce more than what we actually need.

#16     Nov 15, 2011
  7. Gee... I wonder if anyone thought of that already and is currently doing it...

#17     Nov 15, 2011
  8. That's a pretty optimistic view, hopefully the progress continues. As far as energy goes, I'm still a critic of fracking, mainly because it pushes gas and the toxic fracking fluid into our water supply...not to mention the induced earthquakes...

#18     Nov 16, 2011
  9. auspiv

auspiv

I didn't look for a source on this, but I'm pretty sure the newest refinery in the US was built in the 70s. Apparently the permitting process is just too intense to build a new one.

#19     Nov 16, 2011
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I know, but when we are talking about the whole country's energy dependence, there could be some prioritizing. The military could argue that it is national security interest. (and they wouldn't be far off, since the DoD is the largest oil consumer entity in the world...)

I am not sure about the cold in Canada, but they could refine it there, if temperature is not a problem...

#20     Nov 17, 2011