US News

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

2. good for baron, but f that article. i can't stand when clueless people state their opinions. at the end, the writer is like, "don't bet on it." as if he has enough knowledge to know what the fuck he is talking about. he should just state the facts. who needs his clueless opinion..

then he says:

"But whether you are jumping in and out of index futures or stocks, academic research indicates that the more investors trade, the worse they do."

THAT MAY BE TRUE, BUT HE FAILS TO POINT OUT THAT THE PEOPLE WHO DO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING CAN MAKE A FORTUNE JUMPING IN AND OUT.

FUCK ALL MARKET COMMENTARY UNLESS THE PERSON ACTUALLY TRADES AND MAKES MONEY...

3. "But whether you are jumping in and out of index futures or stocks, academic research indicates that the more investors trade, the worse they do."

someone needs to tell that asshole that a small % of people doing anything are going to be the best.

it's been stated here many times.....what % of x businesses fail? a large #......but if you succeed, it can pay off.

how many people play the guitar and suck at it? many. how many are really good? probably a few %.....

why would trading be any different?

that asshole should shut up....... and i hope he gets a shitty return on his mutual fund, too.

4. From the article:

"Judging from Park, it's not clear that day trading has changed much. But Baron Robertson, who runs the popular Elite Trader.com Web site (17,041 members, he says) from his headquarters in Orlando, thinks it has."

17,041 members? Doesn't Baron know that FPC, LongShot, and Candle have each registered at least a several hundred times with different aliases?

My guess is the genuine membership is about 500 individuals.