US National Debt

Discussion in 'Economics' started by fbbi0, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Originalskunk: To tell yah how ignorant I have been all this time: My understanding of the national debt is that it started with Nixon and has increased exponentially ever since!

That may either go to show why I am a high school drop out or how misinformed the gov wants to keep the US public.

You mentioned $30-$50 trillion. What is this figure about?

ol

#21     Jan 24, 2004
  2. No worries, the old farts who are getting us into this hole know they'll probably be dead before it all collapses. [disclaimer...I'm an old fart]

#22     Jan 24, 2004
  3. ig0r

ig0r

Ya, my economics teacher was laughing about it on friday. How he can do whatever he wants and will retire with full social security benefits cared for by my generation, sucks :( By the time my generation retires (in about 50 years), the gov't won't be helping much with the cost.

#23     Jan 24, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

If your depending on social security for retirement then all I can say is, dude, you better start making some money. Don't depend on social security. It was never meant to be a retirement vehicle. It was meant to be a social program to help the poor and helpless. Are you in that category?

#24     Jan 24, 2004
  5. I will be if I don't improve my trading....

:p

#25     Jan 25, 2004
  6. ig0r

ig0r

No, I'm 16 years old :) But there definately exists such a category and people in it are in trouble, lol.

#26     Jan 25, 2004