US military had to bomb our own base in Syria because...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Spike Trader, Oct 17, 2019.

1. US military had to bomb our own base in Syria because of Trump’s mistakes — and one Republican is furious

President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw in Syria in less than 24 hours put American troops at risk as they were being fired on by Turkey. However, according to the Wall Street Journal , the military was also forced to bomb our own military base.

Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who has been critical of Trump’s decisions in the past months, pointed out the factoid in a tweet Wednesday evening, asking, “Is this the America you grew up believing in?”

upload_2019-10-17_11-58-6.png

“On Wednesday, the U.S. military said two F-15E jet fighters carried out an airstrike to destroy an ammunition-storage facility, latrines, tents and other parts of the Syria headquarters of the American campaign to destroy Islamic State after pulling its forces from the base,” reported The Journal.

According to Col. Myles Caggins, spokesperson for the coalition, the airstrikes were to “reduce the facility’s military usefulness.”

As Kinzinger noted, because Trump’s decision was made so quickly, the U.S. couldn’t pull out of the facilities the proper way.

Bugenhagen likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Maga!

"When I took over our military, we did not have ammunition. I was told by a top general, maybe the top of them all, 'Sir, I'm sorry sir, we don't have ammunition.' I said, I will never let that happen to another president."

3. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

To destroy ISIS they just needed to airdrop Trump, he would have become their leader.

upload_2019-10-17_10-55-48.png

Posted this before but too good.

4. Turkey is an Ally like damn near every other Ally we have. They use us, abuse us, count on us for the dirty work and then do as they please. The Kurds were not and are not NATO Allies, they were much more than that. They were people we could count on to not cut and run when the shit hit the fan. Who you want it your corner should be obvious. They are fierce fighters and don't be surprised when they start killing Americans somewhere down the road, and we deserve their contempt. Anyone putting their life on the line for this country these days is a fucking retard. Wise up, you're being used.

Cuddles and El OchoCinco like this.
  5. Then those troops get moved over to Saudi Arabia to protect the precious oil...

Trump decrying US involvement in the Middle East, in which he said that "going into the Middle East is the worst decision ever made!" He added that "we are slowly and carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home."

No he is not bringing them home, he took them out of Turkey's way where he has two towers and moved them to protect the oil arabs...Kurds had nothing but sand so not worth the time and effort despite fighting alongside of us.

CaptainObvious likes this.