US markets will close up today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Jun 8, 2006.

1. So far the call is looking good. I still think market is headed down but for a daytrade it was an amazing call.

#31     Jun 8, 2006
  2. EPrado

EPrado

You might be right.....but I really think that will be the make or break event for the mkts this month.....a tame cpi would get the mkt heading north again....

#32     Jun 8, 2006

3. I heard that.

#33     Jun 8, 2006
  4. Mid-day rallies after a weak morning are reliable buys for a day trade, and mid-day selloffs after a strong morning are reliable sells for a daytrade (exit at close). You buy (and sell) at the point when you know Cramer is pulling the hair out of his Larry Fine because he is wrong (!) once again.

#34     Jun 8, 2006
  5. I remember during the bear market of 2000-2003 the markets would sell off hard rally back cutting losses to almost nothing then in the last 30 minutes give up all the gains.

That was in a bear market though, IMO we are not in a bear market right now, DOW just went green.

#35     Jun 8, 2006
  6. This comment is a bit midleading. I'm not sure I'd call a midday rally reliable after a weak morning, considering if you simply bought breakouts last month and marketed at close, you'd be up huge.

Your comments might be an example of two different strategies working for different reasons, but where do you get out if you're wrong and it keeps going? Seems highly sujective and prone to human error/judgement.

#36     Jun 8, 2006
  7. mhashe

mhashe

lol. You actually think these B.S. figures move the markets? the market is moved *before* the b.s. figures come out. The markets are'nt random at all.

#37     Jun 8, 2006
  8. I got my party hat out, I might have to put it back up if this last 30 minutes is 2002 all over again.

#38     Jun 8, 2006
  9. I love it when luck masquerades as skill. How much did you pour into bottom picking before catching an actual move? Sutract that from today's gains and you have your real return - likely still net negative.

#39     Jun 8, 2006
  10. Go to my journal, I post all my trades their, cry baby!

#40     Jun 8, 2006