US-Israeli Friendship

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Copernicus, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Is that before or after her nervous breakdown? Sorry ART, but you're way off base.

#91     Apr 20, 2004
  2. i guess you misssed the last line at the bottom

"· This is an edited extract of an article which first appeared in the Israeli newspaper Ha'aretz."

#92     Apr 20, 2004
  3. Yah, I know I'm always hearing people complaing about those damn Missionary Jews. "Quick, turn the lights out, those Moses Witnesses are at the door again." Amazing how as soon as the initial fighting in Iraq ended, it wasn't the jewish missionaries entering Iraq (it was Christian ones). It wasn't jewish missionaries the Taliban planned to kill for preaching their message (it was Christian missionaries, not that they shouldn't have the right to spread their message to those who want to listen).

Funny how Guardian sympathizes with terrorists, but picks out and "edits" an article that, IF accurate (I still don't know if or how accurate it is at all), reports on some highly unusual event.

#93     Apr 20, 2004
  4. msfe

msfe

THE CONVERSION TO JUDAISM HOME PAGE

Welcome to the Conversion to Judaism Home Page, the web site of the Conversion to Judaism Resource Center. The Center provides information and advice to people who are considering converting to Judaism and to those who have converted. Members of the Advisory Board of the Conversion to Judaism Resource Center include: Rabbi Bradley Shavit Artson, Rabbi Rachel Cowan, Dr. Nan Fink, Dr. David Gordis, Rabbi Irving Greenberg, Yossi Klein Halevi, Dr. Edward Hoffman, Dr. Walter Jacob, Professor Julius Lester, Florence Melton, Patti Moskovitz, Rabbi Barbara Penzner, Lena Romanoff, Susan Weidman Schneider, Rabbi Harold Schulweis, Rabbi Alan Silverstein, Rabbi Neal Weinberg, and Professor Zvi Zohar. To learn more about the Conversion to Judaism Resource Center, contact the Center at 74 Hauppauge Road, Room 53, Commack, New York 11725. The telephone number is (631) 462-5826.

CONVERSION IN ISRAEL:

For 35 years the WUJS Institute--Center for Hebrew and Jewish Studies in Arad, Israel has provided intensive introductory Jewish education to young Jewish graducates and professionals from all over the world. This year WUJS has gained recognition to enable them to provide a conversion to Judaism course. The program runs under the auspices of the Institute of Jewish Studies as established by the Israeli government in the wake of the conclusions of the Neeman Report on conversion. The program provides serious residential study in a pluralistic environment leading to halachic conversion through the Israeli rabbinate. For further information, contact Rabbi Aubrey Isaacs ...

http://www.convert.org/

The Case for Proselytism

by Harley L. Sachs

One of the gentile criticisms of Jews is that they are like an exclusive club that bars others from joining the "chosen people." This animosity may have inadvertently helped Jews retain their identity as a people, but it is not historically accurate. Jews used to be active proselytizers. According to Abelard Reuchlin's citing Joseph Klausner's "From Jesus to Paul" in Roman times Jews constituted 10% of the population of Rome and 20% of the population east of Rome.

Until Constantine, the first Roman emperor to admit he was not a god, adopted Christianity at the beginning of the fourth century, Jews were active proselytizers of the pagans around them. It was common for Jews to convert their slaves to Judaism. The children of concubines in the household were then legitimate Jews. That ended when Christianity took hold in the Roman empire. ...

http://www.anti-racism.supanet.com/eth/hs1.htm

#94     Apr 20, 2004
  5. Wow, a website! How impressive. This just proves that Jews are the other Jehovah Witnesses. The fact that you had to scour the internet and find such a nothing site/organization just proves the point. Hell, I could create a webpage and become a one person organization that becomes a majro exception to whatever! Give me a break! If a Christian creates a web page and calls it some organization, and includes his the names of his buddies on the site, and this guy says that all non-Christians should be killed cause it was Jesus's wish, does this represent any serious movement (let alone the overall religion), hardly. The fact that this is what you came up with just proves the point!

#95     Apr 20, 2004