Us Investors Advised To Leave Bahrain

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Mar 30, 2007.

1. call me old fashioned but there seems to be a trend here on information here.

im not a scraremonger but i thought this deserves to be a new headline and not on the other thread i started.

Im going home square on most positons for the next few weeks and will put some put options on the dow.good levels for 11000 strikes.

US financial sources in Bahrain report American investors in Bahrain advised to pack up business operations and leave

The advice came from officers with US Central Command 5th Fleet HQ at Manama, who spoke of security tension, a hint at an approaching war with Iran. Arab sources report the positioning of a Patriot anti-missile battery in Bahrain this week; they say occupancy at emirate hotels has soared past 90% due mostly to the influx of US military personnel.

The USS Nimitz and its support ships will be departing San Diego Monday, April 2, to join the John C. Stennis Strike Group in the Persian Gulf.

http://www.debka.com/

2. That site is not very credible in terms of objectively reporting news.

It seems to have a strong political bias.

Do you have any other links to this from more mainstream sources?

Thanks.

3. only had this link at the moment but most of my brokers are shouting this down the box and telling me that they heard a rumour about it doing the rounds.

i dont know to be honest. its friday. end of month.end of quarter.end of jap financial year. who knows what can happen if this market gets spooked.

im going home long may wti calls for $80 as a punt.

if i hear anymore news or links i will post.

4. Thanks. If not, have a great weekend.

5. JayS

JayS

6. The department puts them online, mainly for employees of U.S. firms doing business abroad but are available to anyone. According to this year's updates:

_"Be aware of drink prices" in Croatia's gentlemen's clubs, where tourists can "unknowingly run up exorbitant bar bills, sometimes in the thousands of dollars."

:D

7. You posted a link to DEBKA? Are you serious?

8. well i made money on it and everyone was talking about it.
    so im only allowed to post sites that you agree first.

ill check with you in future.

yeah rightoooooooooooooooooo

9. moo

moo

More Mossad disinformation?

"Earlier, DEBKAfile quoted intelligence sources in Moscow as predicting that a US strike against Iranian nuclear installations codenamed Operation Bite has been scheduled for April 6 at 0040 hours. Missiles and air raids will conduct strikes designed to be devastating enough to set Tehran’s nuclear program several years back."

10. mark fisher watching debka? Where did u get this info? As far as I remember from his book he is watching "opening range breakout".

#10     Apr 2, 2007