US Indices

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by HPbrand, May 12, 2020.

1. HPbrand

HPbrand

I will hold my big short on the Dow till July/August. I believe I am right on the drop but simply a little early with the entry. I do have a smaller Nasdaq long position for protection.

#11     Jun 29, 2020
  2. easymon1

easymon1

nq to 10840, crap. (10753.25) i never predict. that should precipitate a nosedive fer sure!

#12     Jul 9, 2020
  3. Overnight

Overnight

There is a good chance Boeing is going to get FAA approval on the 737 MAX jets by August.

That would help the DOW a lot.

#13     Jul 9, 2020
  4. What are the crucial factors that majorly affects the DOW Jones? I just need some factor in view of financial analysis that do highly impact Dow Jones. Please mention?

#14     Jul 10, 2020
  5. easymon1

easymon1

Double Top 9986 nq 5m.png
    queued . . .

cued . . .

old school

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    #15     Jul 10, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  6. HPbrand

HPbrand

So here we are at the end of August. Been holding my Dow short for some time now and currently sitting on a big loss on this trade. Luckily my Nasdaq long more than cover the loss so there is no rush to close the Dow position but I have closed the Nasdaq long locking in the profits for time being. The logical question I must ask myself is what I should do from here.

I still have the believe of a major dump coming soon. Let's see the movements by maybe Tuesday 1st September.

#16     Aug 30, 2020
  7. Overnight

Overnight

The question you need to be asking yourself, is now that the DOW is nearing it's record high again, a drop back to the 20K level would pretty much mean a 33% drop from that point. How many 30% drops can we have in a year? (That was a level you were quoting earlier this year).

#17     Aug 30, 2020
  8. HPbrand

HPbrand

Dropping back to 20k was based on data 3-4 months ago. The numbers have since changed. I think 10%+ is feasible, 15-20% is possible.

Let's see how the market plays out tomorrow and Wednesday. That would be a good indication for market direction.

#18     Aug 31, 2020
  9. Y'r short is underwater by more than 4,000pts... a more logical question is why did you predict the DOW to fall in the first place? Flip a coin or do you have a reason? Also why just the DOW?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    #19     Sep 2, 2020
  10. HPbrand

HPbrand

I had some ideas on market directions until election but obviously wrong on that for 4 months.

I closed the Dow short today and went long Nasdaq but just closed it. I'm switching to scalp daily for time being. Once it is more clear, I will long the Dow. I have the Dow to 30k+ before 2021.

#20     Sep 2, 2020