US Housing...25% more Downside to go....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jan 31, 2008.

1. http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_06/b4070040767516.htm

If the article is any indication of reality....then the Feds war with deflation has only just begun...

The lowering of rates will continue in order to orchestrate a spread by which banks can recover...which will take time...

Similar issues are taking hold in other countries as well...

.....................................................................................

Certainly there will be/has been already a smorgasboard of some of the US finest corporations made available to the Asian manufacturing and Mid East energy welfare states...

If there ever was a time for US structural change....it is now...

The question remains as to where is the leadership to pull it off...
    ..............................................................................................

And of course to note the hazards of debt....just grab a calculator and watch how values jump around on long term 3% bonds at par...with small interest rate movements....Japan knows this well...

2. dstod

dstod

Great article...

3. mokwit

mokwit

"MasterCard shares have surged 86 percent in the past year as consumers switched to credit and debit cards from cash and checks. American Express Co. and Discover Financial Services, rivals that make consumer loans in addition to running networks, have declined more than 15 percent as a slowing U.S. economy caused more customers to miss payments."

Looks like many people spent their last equity extraction or cash back from signing and are now chewing through their credit limits. AXP or someone reported increased cash advances which is a red flag.

I was talking about the market/economy with a friend who is a real estate laywer and who was telling me he was going to sell some long term fixed income holdings to take advantage of the bargains in stocks, especially real estate stocks that he expected. Warily I asked what his time scale was, fearing he was talking 2-3 months and was relieved when he said the time to buy was 2-3 years hence.

4. I have never seen REAL ESTATE DECLINE 25% anytime in last 20 years, so why the hell you would believe another fortune teller?

Just do your own research and learn about real estate price movements since 1980s and you will see a curve going upward that will blow your minds!

You realize you are always trying to read the future and that effort itself is a defeatist trait? No one knows what will happen to real estate and nor should you dip your head in the toilet bowl articles circling downwards.

NEGATIVITY+ STUPIDITY= buy buy buy

Jim Crammer 2008

5. Sure. Go pay a fortune teller $20 you get better results..at least she will stroke your palms.

6. Digs

Digs

..."I have never seen REAL ESTATE DECLINE 25% anytime in last 20 years, so why the hell you would believe another fortune teller?"...

The UK median house price index fell 25% from 1990 to 1995.

The bank of england was bailed out by Govt.

My guess your under 30 and just a kid !!

7. LOL...check out the lie this guy gets caught in....

Funny how he has "never seen real estate decline 25%", yet he's buying real estate at 50 cents on the dollar.

The search function.....PRICELESS. :D

8. mokwit

mokwit

The 1990's DEPRESSION in the UK was utterly brutal and housing led but sread to every facet of industry, believe me, I was right in the thick of it. This was at atime when you neeeded a 20% deosit and stable employent history to get a mortgage. It was a DEPRESSION but the Government never even admitted that there was even a mild recession. Lies and new ways of measuring things all the way - sound familiar?

The postal workers in the sorting office across the road were making more than we were - I had previously lived in a Penthouse. - Bank reposessed the companies property despite us being able to show orders about to be turned into cash. Lots of businesses had their loans called and went bust. If you think people hate Wall st now, wait to see how the banks behave. Having seen how they behave I keep my dealings with these 'people' to the minimum.

9. BUSTED!!!!!

10. mokwit

mokwit

He is just some teenager. If he went to see a Doctor the Doctor would probably tell him that someone of his age he should be spending less time on forums and more time jerking off and worrying about spots and whether girls can notice them.

#10     Jan 31, 2008