US Home Price Decline Accelerates, steepest drop in 16 years.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Sep 25, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

The downside of leverage is a BITCH. We often lose sight of that for a while.

#21     Sep 25, 2007
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

where do you live?? suckersville :p

#22     Sep 25, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

Nope. "Climate Capital of the World", according to local Chamber of Commerce... Denver, Colorado USA.

#23     Sep 25, 2007
  4. Bay Area

What real estate bears have to keep in mind is that the areas actually getting hit by the bubble burst are the crappy desoted areas in the mid west. Places like Arizona. Prefab housing has been hit the hardest.

Older property in suburban or urban neighborhoods situated by water continues to rise.

#24     Sep 25, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I love it....one of my best camping trips ever....flew into denver , very nice..then drove to boulder outstanding and then camped out in thunder lake area in the rockies...by far one of the nicer parts of the country...

#25     Sep 25, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

im really only going by what i see and hear in my area.....as a whole prices are declining and inventory is not moving as quickly....but yes i know there is a world outside of mine...peace

#26     Sep 25, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

Please keep it under your hat. We've already got 2.5 million population in metro area... traffic is too much. :(

#27     Sep 25, 2007
  8. jjf

jjf

The banks never lose sight of this.

All we have seen so far is the first shake of the tree.

The most secure properties are freehold and the weakest link is the subprime.

Gradually the banking system will work it's way through the subprimes and then the alt A in order to shake out the weak.

Those who can hold on and meet the outgoings will not enjoy the ride and that includes freehold purchased years ago.

The problem is that housing has been turned from a dwelling into a tradeable commodity and so you reap as you sow.

Do not expect this puppy to turn around any time soon and do not anticipate geographical immunity.

Already you have seen the banks spread this load around the globe, so do'nt expect that your little corner of the world is immune.

Once the shakeout is half done you can confidently look forward to rising interest rates and an ever increasing cost of living.

Economic health in the US is not the measure that it once was, simply because the jobs are being exported as the corporate profits are being booked.

The old rules no longer apply.

#28     Sep 27, 2007
  9. I loved Colorado, spent 9-months at Lowry AFB (Aurora on Peoria) in '76.... Boulder, Colorado Springs, Aspen... Beautiful part of the world... sweet memories... :)

#29     Sep 27, 2007
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Which area are you in?

#30     Sep 27, 2007