US hedge funds bet against Italian bonds

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Locutus

Locutus

Really? Well I wonder who is collapsing those bond spreads then. Someone earned a nice buck out of that rumour.

#21     Jul 12, 2011
  2. Not sure, but things have settled down a lot on the back of a reasonably good BOT auction and some promises out of Italy. Nobody has actually seen the ECB buying.

#22     Jul 12, 2011
  3. Locutus

Locutus

I suppose it's not really a bad thing they're calling for an end to Bunga Bunga in Italy with some resigny business. Of course the opposition but I think that his own party may be getting fed up too.

#23     Jul 12, 2011
  4. Well, he's weathered worse, so who knows...

#24     Jul 12, 2011
  5. zdreg

zdreg

maybe if Obama and Congress were doing the bunga bunga the US would be better in shape.
    "the only time the country is safe when Congress is not in session."

#25     Jul 12, 2011
  6. All change... BTPS now tighter on the day.

296bps to bunds; 10y yield at 5.64%

#26     Jul 12, 2011
  7. Locutus

Locutus

Yes. Bless those rosy-coloured glasses US hedge funds after all! :D

This looks a bit opportunistic while the issues still largely stand. The main issue being that instead of saying "OK we'll fix this" the party line is "Damn those dasterdly hedgefunds!".

It's not really the sort of stuff crisis reversals are made of although the bank stocks are really loving it to bits right now.

#27     Jul 12, 2011
  8. He actually resisted some colleagues calls for stepping down...Thank God, he didn´t....

#28     Jul 12, 2011
  9. Locutus

Locutus

Can anyone with a bloomie tell me what the (inverse) correlation between the equity markets and the IT-DE bond spread is now? A graph would be nice if it's not too much trouble :p

#29     Jul 12, 2011
  10. See for yourself... It's very difficult to talk about correlation.

#30     Jul 12, 2011