US Foreign Aid - How stupid can we be?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Aug 1, 2012.

1. We are not an empire RCG.. sorry bud. We are at worst a half ass imperial power which looks out for its energy and defense interests abroad. While that is rational to a degree, we really could focus more on self sufficiency, or isolation. We don't owe other countries anything except our debts and who decided that the US taxpayers are all charitable givers to these places?

#31     Aug 2, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

What the fuck does that have to do with "you guys stick together no matter what."

It was a mathematical error not an argument per se, and so far I have yet to see anything resembling a counter argument from "you guys".

#32     Aug 2, 2012
  3. Lucrum.

Your opening post said "Including everything, $53.3 Billion for 2012.

IF my math is correct that's approximately 40% of our current budget deficit.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to borrow money we don't have only to give it away, much of it to countries that don't even like the US."

AND Navin was arguing for you math (?) when he said
    "Lucrum said current budget deficit, not national debt. The 2012 estimated budget deficit is $1.2 trillion, not $15 trillion. The national debt is about $15.9 trillion."

My post was commenting on Navin's supporting your math. Hence you guys sticking together even when it doesn't make any sense.

Another example is this thread having a 5 star rating. You're initial premise was grossly exaggerated which negated the whole 40% of national debt going to foreign aid. Again you guys sticking together even when it doesn't make any sense.

#33     Aug 2, 2012
  4. You are incorrect. You should go back and read my post again, including the RCG's statements that I quoted. I was not arguing for Lucrum's math. The error was pointed out by wildchild on the first page of this thread, and later acknowledged by Lucrum. The math error matter was settled.

After that, RCG attacked Lucrum's intelligence and math skills. In my post, I pointed out in RCG's feeble attack at Lucrum, that he made a mistake as well. RCG did not know the difference between the US current budget deficit ($1.2 trillion), and the national debt ($15.9 trillion). I was just pointing out RCG's error. A few posts later, PiggyBank made the same correct observation.

#34     Aug 2, 2012
  5. My apologies Navin.

#35     Aug 2, 2012
  6. FWIW, I did read the original post, and agreed with Lucrum. I checked the math, and found that he was actually very close. No need for hatred due to miscalculations anyway. As they say, even a broken clock like Lucrum can be right. Just kidding L, I agree with you.

#36     Aug 2, 2012
  7. No worries. :)

#37     Aug 2, 2012
  8. oh crap a liberal goes and does something honorable:eek:

#38     Aug 2, 2012