US Evacuees Have to Pay

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avid_Consumer, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Considering how much of the tab the US taxpayer has to pick up for the rest of the world, this includes 7+ billion annually in california alone to educate, provide health care, and incarcerate illegal aliens (most of whom are evacuees of Mexico), I couldn't agree with you more!!

2. Why don't we deduct it out of the aid we send to Lebanon and Israel, in the ratio of the aid dispensed to these countries? Those assholes are fighting there, so let them pay.

3. That idea has been canned and it was only 100-150 dollars but I agree, why don't we cut it out of the aid we give these countries.

Such bullsh*t.

4. Let's be fair. This is a 1956 law. Don't make it sound like it was cooked up by someone in the State Department yesterday.

5. i didn't see that in the original article. good to see the article (and policy) have changed since this afternoon

6. YOU CANNOT MAKE THESE THINGS UP!!!!!! AFTER ALMOST 6 YEARS OF HAVING CONGRESS SPEND LIKE DRUNKEN SAILORS,AND NOT VETOING ONE BILL, THE FIRST BILL THE PREZ. VETOES IS STEM CELL RESEARCH(CAVING IN TO THE INTELLIGENT DESIGN CROWD)-THE BEST HOPE FOR PEOPLE FACING TERRIBLE TERMINAL ILLNESSES.. THEN ,AFTER THE GOVT . PASSES TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH, THEY WANTED TO CHARGE $3K PER EVACUEE ON THE CRUISE SHIP(BOY, IS THAT A FUN CRUISE!!!!!!)

7. I'm curious what lebanon and hamas does with the charity money it receives, does it find its way back into the US via the American arms' dealers?