US equity monday moves

Discussion in 'Trading' started by krazykarl, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Today looks pretty lateral to me.
    Next part of the sequence is a BO.

#31     Jan 23, 2006
  2. Uhmm... I meant <b>v</b>igorous.

I think that a day like today will be end up being a confidence builder for investors who didn't see their indicators deteriorate during their weekend analysis, especially if they got "oversold" signals.

#32     Jan 23, 2006
  3. 6 losing positions Friday.
    Held all 6 "overnight" until Monday.
    5 of the 6 closed higher Monday.
    Sold the one loser as well as another weak performer.
    Nothing wrong with holding overnight in this market.

#33     Jan 23, 2006
  4. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Until your positions go against. What makes this market so special. In this enviroment, I wouldn't hold anything overnight

#34     Jan 23, 2006
  5. Vhehn & others:

1. What % of your decision do you give to actual TA backtested results?
    2. What % of your decision to intuition and experience?
    3. After how many *hours* of experience did you trust your intuition and experience?

Many thanks guys

#35     Jan 23, 2006
  6. 1.--0%
    2.--100%
    3.--?

#36     Jan 23, 2006
  7. smallfil

smallfil

Dow chart looks like a head and shoulders pattern and it dropped below the neckline Friday. I exited all my mutual funds in my 401K but, hang on to my oil and mining stocks in my 401K. In my opinion, it is going to go lower. At the very least, I got out of my mutual funds at a price a bit higher than Friday's. Tomorrow is another day. I don't feel holding on is the wise thing to do at this point. I still made 1.5-2.0% profit on my mutual funds which I bought just 01/03/06. On the plus side, I can go to sleep soundly without worrying what will happen tomorrow. If I am wrong, I can always re-enter with my money largely intact.

#37     Jan 24, 2006
  8. 1. 95%

2. 5%

3. My personal experience has resulted in less reliance on intuition and more on properly tested systems. Intuitive-based trading works well for many people, but it doesn't for me.

#38     Jan 24, 2006
  9. 1. 50%
    2. 50%
    3. 2+ years

#39     Jan 24, 2006
  10. This is what a professional trader does!!

#40     Jan 24, 2006