US Equity Markets will not go down

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rickshaw Man, Aug 9, 2005.

1. don't fight the fed .
    you will get burned.

#11     Aug 10, 2005

2. Rude person.

#12     Aug 10, 2005
  3. taodr

taodr

Rickshaw maybe Greenspan is set to retire but I wonder if he has anything to do with this market. Have you pondered about Greenspan's "conundrum" ? Maybe he realizes he is more token now . and maybe the Chinese equivilent is now the master, who is pushing up overnight markets and keeping everything humming. After all they are the ones with the money.

#13     Aug 10, 2005

4. They did not lower our overnight lending rates to zero. Our federal reserve have been laziefair in bringing rates back to par. IMO inflation is rising to fast, I don't care about all the manipulated government figures they are useless. I see it right in front of my eyes I don't need a government figure to tell me inflation is subdue I know it is not. Just this morning prices at the pump for unleaded rose 6 cents to $2.53 from $2.47 overnight. I have been buying gas at this same station for 6 years, they are the highest I have ever seen.

The way our government measures inflation is a complete joke. They always give more weight to commodities that are falling and less to these that are rising. They like to give electronics more weight then everyday items like food and energy. Of coarse we get our electronics from China.

#14     Aug 10, 2005
  5. Babak

Babak

You mean "laissez-faire"? If you do, then your statement is an oxymoron as the definition of laissez-faire is to allow the markets to work unimpeded. That is the opposite of what the Fed is about.

#15     Aug 10, 2005
  6. Sorry about that, I just should have said slow to bring rates to neutral. But I learned somthing from you thanks.

#16     Aug 10, 2005
  7. Is this a reversal?

#17     Aug 10, 2005
  8. whoa.. es-2

I guess "we are doomed"

#18     Aug 10, 2005

9. This could be just what the midnight gang was looking for. Have no fear the midnight gang will soon be here.

Right after the US equity market closes is key, watch the futures for signs. I have noticed when a nice bearish candle is formed they get juiced.

#19     Aug 10, 2005
  10. WTF i thought stocks only went up???? I'm ruined. Guess i'll have to sell one of my spec houses and average down.

#20     Aug 10, 2005