US economy tanking

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, May 4, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

"NAFTA Trade Jumped 11.8% in February
    (Journal of Commerce Online – Joseph Bonney)

Trade carried by surface transportation totaled $66.5 billion

Surface transportation trade between the U.S. and Canada and Mexico was 11.8% higher in value in February than a year earlier, the Transportation Department reported.

The value of cross-border trade with the United States’ partners in the North American Free Trade Agreement totaled $66.5 billion. Trade with Canada rose 10.1% to $40 billion. Shipments to and from Mexico rose 14.5% to $26.6 billion.

The total value of cross-border trade was up 38.8% from $47.9 million in February 2009, which was the lowest level of any month since February 2004. Trade value in February 2011 was down 4.1% from the early recession level of February 2008, unadjusted for inflation.

Freight value in February fell 1.8% from January. Month-to-month changes can be affected by seasonal variations and other factors.

In February, 86.4% of U.S. trade by value with Canada and Mexico moved on land, 9.3% moved by vessel, and 4.3% moved by air."

2. We need a new frenemy now that Bin laden is dead to keep our war machine going.

3. Hello

Hello

I instantly shorted 20k SPY's when i read this thread title...... Ricter you owe me money....

4. Ricter

Ricter

lol

5. That's what happens when the left and the unions price the American worker to the point where they are not globally competitive. So companies leave and set up shop overseas. And Trump cannot strong-arm China into doing anything. [​IMG]