Us economy now addicted to gov't help

Discussion in 'Economics' started by piggie2000, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Look at cash for clunkers. the money runs out and people begging for more so the gov't gives in and grants the wish. look at home sales. all sales are foreclosures and first time buyers. without the $8 k credit home sales are back at lows. look at interest rates. without huge gov't intervention interest rates are 2-3% higher.bad times are here for years and years to come.

2. Enjoy it while it lasts. Take advantage of every program you can because one day it will all go away and America will be just like any other 3rd world country.

3. Eight

Eight

People are free and happy in third world countries, they dance around their vegetable gardens singing all day, in the sun no less, while teaching their grandchildren how to avoid the wiles of the devil... no really...

I have a high school buddy that made it really nicely as a small business guy. He was selling stuff to the FAA or some government regulated guys. If you can't beat them join them..

4. S2007S

S2007S

As i said in my last post:

All these plans to help stimulate the economy by offering $4500 for new cars, $8000 tax credits for first time home buyers and every thing else they offer to help prop the economy up is going to be pulled away from the consumer once the economy sees its first step towards growth and that in my opinion will have a huge psychological impact on the way consumer thinks about making purchases.

If it is taking these kind of credits to stimulate the consumer to spend, once taken away it will have a negative impact on on the economy going forward.

5. s2007 thats correct. Its no different than airline co's cut throat prices. people got addicted to it and everytime airlines have tried to raise prices the consumer has balked.when you spoil americans with one something they get used ot it and resist going back to the old way

6. Good posts !!!!

Here's the simple speak ....

Previous economy (includes credit)

$70 Trillion

Amount removed from the economy....

$30 Trillion and rising

This leaves $40 Trillion to price all goods and services....

Govt. adds back $14 Trillion in debt....
    In unsustainable endeavors....
    Results in an additional $14 Trillion loss

Now this leaves $26 Trillion to price all goods and services....

..........................................................................................

The major issue ?

Sustainability.....

The point ?

A change in tax structure and the removal of legal largesse would result in sustainable businesses....

The govt. inefficient and unsustainable programs just result in
    additional losses....

It will not be until the govt. partakes in a sustainable approach....that the economy can begin to become sustainable....

Something everyone seems to know....but yet still dances in the ballroom of the sinking Titanic....