us economy dip less than feared

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jul 15, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

arguing over how long it has been in recession is not the point. this is the point i was making in my last post. i started off by saying the american economy was in recession (thus no increase in gdp that you claimed) you said it wasn't. i then proved it was, you then picked a bone about my estimation of how long it was in recession for to prove that you were right about that even though you were wrong about it not being in recession.

the point is when you are wrong about something and it is proved you will try to prove you are right about something else.

i will admit this my 8 - 9 quarters was wrong it is about six dec 07 to jul 09. but apart from that most of the time (if not all) i was right and you went from one argument to another to prove you could be right about something.

it is now 1.20 am i am GOING TO BED GOODNIGHT

#41     Jul 15, 2009
  2. Please show me where I said that the US economy was NOT in Recession.

I dare you.

#42     Jul 15, 2009
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

when you said that the gdp is growing. when it is a recession the gdp has to be two quarters of negative growth thus you said the american economy is not is in recession.

p.s. i think you will keep posting because you like to argue, which is fine and you are a good poster. i will admit that.

i don't agree with and you don't agree with me. that is fine all economists disagree.

at the risk of falling out. and also the need to go to bed i will stop posting.

i would like it if we could respect each others views are different and that we can both argue a point (if we couldn't we would not have kept it going so long).

we haven't insulted each other too much and i would like it to remain that way to post another day.

goodnight and have a nice day (genuinely meant).

#43     Jul 15, 2009