US economics-A Profound statement

Discussion in 'Economics' started by syswizard, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Not afraid, just sure it would be a waste of time. We already had this exchange.

Rather than posting links to youtube videos, you should be out demanding that the world recognize your brilliance by showering you with the good things in life. I'm sure Harvard is just itching to have another "free thinker" on its faculty.

#21     Nov 23, 2012
  2. lol. guys like you with a high opinion of themselves make me laugh. unlike you, who is just talk, i live it. i already have the good things in life.
    i built several businesses, retired at age 45 with enough money never to have to work again. when i retired i moved to a nice area and live in a nice new house and all i do is trade for fun, travel and whatever else i want to do to keep busy. i spend the winters in a nice warm area in a waterfront home. and you?
    how could you possibly think i would ever want to trade places with someone like you. all mouth no hat.

#22     Nov 23, 2012
  3. I don't have any opinion of myself, really. I just show up and let others form an opinion of me by my words and actions.

Once I get my trading fully automated, I could retire, too and at a younger age than you did. I won't, because I enjoy my work.

If I suddenly found myself living your life, the first thing I would do is jump off the nearest tall building and hope nothing broke my fall.

#23     Nov 23, 2012
  4. lol. do you know how many smart assed wet behind the ears kids like you i have heard say that here in et over the years?
    pretty soon they just disappear. the market isnt kind to people who think they know it all. people like you make the worst kind of traders. they think book smarts = trading ability. just the opposite.

#24     Nov 23, 2012
  5. ok enough time spent in the amusing game of matching wits with the et resident "brilliant guy". got to run. things to do and places to go.

#25     Nov 23, 2012
  6. No kidding. "Free Thinker" thinks that living the good life is building a house in the middle of North Dakota...then he "winter's" down at the RV park in Florida...

Reminds me of the idiots sitting around eating fried rodent saying "it don't get no better than this" in Old Milwaukee commercials.

#26     Nov 23, 2012
  7. Guys - as usual on this forum, we got "off topic" and personal attacks started. (What else is new !).
    So which is it ? Is the US going to survive as a democracy or end-up like Rome ?
    When you see articles like this one:
    http://email.angelnexus.com/hostede...fafebcb8d96167467ab7b2cb5fa9a2f&ei=W4xSTKkN_#
    It doesn't look good for the USA to stay united.

#27     Nov 23, 2012
  8. People may riot but they'll riot over the loss of free stuff, not over the loss of freedom.

-----------------------

I was checking out our local penny saver, local business want ad, announcements, etc. The paper if full of "woe is us" ads. By this I mean, donate for the food pantry, raise money for this cause, donate for this and that, bottle drives, this paper is turning into a beggars profile of society.

Our whole society is turning into a nation of beggars.

Harumpp harumpp. I'm not scrooge but c'mon, this country spends more money on everything and everyone is broke with their hand out.

Organized beggars in front of wmt (softball football cheerleaders, girl scouts), mcdonalds collects change, you name it. I'm tired of everywhere I go, being accosted for spare change.

My kids come home with projects that need donations. I ask, "how about I give you a job and pay you ten dollars and you can donate it?"

Nope, they say. This doesn't work for them. I'm supposed to work, earn money and hand over the moolah.

Eat your peas, people.

#28     Nov 24, 2012
  9. On a national scale = Odumbo-ism.

#29     Nov 24, 2012