US Dollar will hit bottom within the next 2 days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by YMsystemtrader, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Sure. Fed is unlikely to cut rates again. Bernanke said it, the other Fed speak said it (speeches and the release). Market continues to want the Fed to cut and is going to try to force it by pushing FFIR but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Not this time.

The BoE is going to cut next time. The data continues to worsen out of the UK. This very morning a record trade deficit. The ECB's next move is down, despite the yammering about price stability.

Sooner or later the market will actually realize this. I'm not sure what the impetus of this change will be, but there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

#11     Nov 9, 2007
  2. #12     Nov 9, 2007
  3. Agree, I don't think it is in anybody's interest to see the Dollar below 75...

#13     Nov 9, 2007
  4. #14     Nov 9, 2007
  5. Is it just me or weren't yesterday's speeches by Bernanke and Trichet suggesting the same,
    'get your stuff together or we will do it for you'.

At least that's they way I read it.

#15     Nov 9, 2007
  6. I think that's pretty much what they said. The market is trying to keep the dream alive, of course. But it's just a dream at this point.

Who knows? Data between now and the 12th of December might change to warrant another easing. But I'm not sure the votes will go that way. The Fed folk really didnt want the last one, and they're quite aware of what further easing is doing to asset prices and the dollar.

#16     Nov 9, 2007
  7. nothing like waking up to $$$$$

pound getting smacked!!!

#17     Nov 9, 2007
  8. I've got the same feeling, we could get some good downside on GBP/EUR. Nice selling frenzy on GBP today.

We should get a good 1/2% selloff early next week. IMO.

#18     Nov 9, 2007

9. Bernanke's "expect bad numbers' meant to me, 'we are done easing' tough luck for real estate bag holders,
    run away inflation is bad, recession is good.

And Trichet's, 'ok guys I am going to have to pull my guns out, if that Euro doesn't stop going up"

Of course there have been times when I have been the only one (in the world it seemed) reading correctly the fed's subliminal messages...:D

Gtty!

#19     Nov 9, 2007
  10. british pound is done son.

its DONE!

DEAD DEAD DEAD
    im not covering any of these until 1.99

probably in the next 2 weeks.

Barclays out today with 10 bil writedown rumors. now the scary part with that is.. is that 10 billion purely us mortgages or US AND UK

if its US only and the UK meltdown hasnt even been factored in, back to 1.70

#20     Nov 9, 2007