US desperate to keep stockmarket from collapsing ahead of elections ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kicking, Sep 11, 2008.

Buy here ?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2008.
  1. Yes this is the bottom

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  2. Yes this is a bottom

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. Yes but for a short term dead cat bounce tomorrow and the next couple of days. After that all bets a

15 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. No the market is actually setting up for an imminent plunge after bottom fishers got suckered in

40 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. piezoe

piezoe

I'm both an intraday trader and a intemediate to long term investor. I wear two hats. Intraday has virtually nothing to do with the macro economy, but as an investor i have to be cognizant of the long term picture, which is not very bright at the moment.

#11     Sep 12, 2008
  2. You need to be able to "read" in between the lines . . . This had everything to do with foreign central banks, foreign investors, and the US Dollar. Do you even understand counter-party risk?

#12     Sep 12, 2008
  3. No I don't understand how the counter party risk changed in a matter of weeks when they said all was fine before.
    So what FNM can't meet its obligations ? Suckers who bought their MBS will worry for a while until some arrangement is made and in last resort the Treasury comes to the rescue . MBS, CDO's etc. and treasuries would selloff probably, along with stocks and the majors would rebound against the dollar but what's the big deal compared to the present situation where the government is trying to prop up an inflated housing market and pretty much everything is falling apart anyway?

#13     Sep 13, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

I find it amazing that they have managed to keep the markets from falling alot more. News of several bailouts should knock markets down 30-50%. The whole time they have been lying. How many times did we here last year that sub prime was contained when it wasn't. This weekend they thinking of ways to help lehman and if the deal doesn't go through then lookout below.

#14     Sep 13, 2008
  5. You guys missed this...
    http://www2.standardandpoors.com/spf/pdf/index/lychnobitic374.pdf

FNM + FRE are being replaced in the SP500 by 2 non-financials. Financials represent 17.8% of SP500 and according to SP, financials are attributable to 40%+ of SP500 YTD losses.

As I mentioned to someone else...
    The deletion is well defined... the timing of the "plan", days before QUARTERLY rebalance is coincidental...replacement with non-financials is deserving of questions.

Osorico

#15     Sep 13, 2008
  6. Anyone thinks like Gasparino that Paulson is still working for Goldman ? His stock was down 50% in 8 days, the guy had to do something about it and bail out his friends !

US capitalism turned out to be a complete joke, a big Ponzi scheme profiting mainly to the elite that now needs and wants government help after years of what was in hindsight free market hypocrisy . Now that US capitalism is totally discredited in the eyes of the world, the question is : what are the political implications for the next century ? The majority has no incentive to keep that model alive now.

#16     Sep 19, 2008
  7. No, just worried about economic Armageddon, some of you still fail to see the forest through the trees.

#17     Sep 19, 2008
  8. piezoe

piezoe

I'm seeking permission to "revise and extend" my remarks above where i said: "I love this market." Please change the word "love" to the past tense: "loved".

#18     Sep 19, 2008
  9. :D

#19     Sep 19, 2008
  10. bastard paulson, the 700 million dollar man trying to bail out his old firm at the expense of millions and millions of peasants.

yes make no mistake, you frigging peasants

#20     Sep 19, 2008