US Deploys 12000 Troops to Libya

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Jan 23, 2012.

1. So, to recap, the story is a crock. You and Das then post a whole bunch of pseudo-intellectual claptrap, which is typical of the usual conspiracy jackoff, like we're supposed to believe that after seeing this stupidity.
    That sums this thread up. Sums up the whole tinfoil jackass brigade actually.

#61     Jan 26, 2012
  2. Your opinion is noted. Do I think state owned Iranian TV is more reputable than our corporate media? I guess that would depend on the audience because an entity's reputation is subjective to the opinion's of the audience. I know far less about IR TV then I do about our own corporate media so comparing the two would be difficult. I do know that our corporate media is allowed by law to lie to us. Given that Iranian media is state controlled, I would expect something similar to be true about them.

The better question would be do I trust Iranian News over what our corporate media says (or doesn't say). To me, our corporate media, IRTV, Alex Jones, and every other alternative media organ are sources of information, nothing more. They all have agendas and biases. They have all reported truth in the past and they have all been wrong in the past. I take each instance (or news item) as a separate issue, and investigate accordingly.

In this instance, I find it very interesting that the reports have not been denied by the western media. They are well aware of what is being reported by the alternative media and it seems very odd for them not to refute it. In my mind, the jury is still out though. IF the western media has kept a lid on the deployment of 12000 US troops, into potentially hostile territory, it would be an unprecedented example of information censorship.

#62     Jan 26, 2012