US Deploys 12000 Troops to Libya

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 21:10
    Now Pravda says that 12,000 US troops were in Malta

Pravda.ru, the Russian news website, has repeated the claim made by a former US Congresswoman that 12,000 US troops were in Malta before being deployed to Libya.
    The claim is made in an opinion piece by Lisa Karpova entitled 'US troops waltzing into Libya while setting up Iran' which was given prominence at the top of the homepage.
    She says that it was recently reported that 12,000 American troops were in Malta waiting for "deployment" to Libya.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/article...ys-that-12-000-us-troops-were-in-malta.403726

And, no I don't read Pravda, I was just researching as follow up.

c

#31     Jan 25, 2012
  2. Granted they're lame but do you really think the ENTIRE lame stream media would ignore 12,000 troops being deployed to Libya?

[​IMG]

#32     Jan 25, 2012
  3. Are you asking me to advance a theory?

#33     Jan 25, 2012
  4. Sure, why not?

#34     Jan 25, 2012
  5. I would need additional information before I felt comfortable doing that.

#35     Jan 25, 2012
  6. Went a-googlin, found the following sources:

infowars (of course)
    lunatic outpost (at least they describe themselves accurately)
    sodahead (more like crystal meth no doubt)
    mixed martial arts (???)
    survivalist
    legitgov
    blacklistednews

Doesn't get much more pathetic than that list.
    I'd say y'all are dumber 'n dirt, but I wouldn't want to insult the Earth.

#36     Jan 25, 2012
  7. OK. My point is simply that I think it's highly unlikely the ENTIRE lame stream media would ignore a story like this. If for no other reason, at least one organization would want "the scoop."

#37     Jan 25, 2012
  8. This assertion would seem to hinge on the corporate media having an intrinsic desire to inform the populace of what's actually going on. I do not believe the corporate media truly cares about informing the populace. Their primary concern is profit.

There was a time when the media used to fact check government assertions, but that time has come and gone. What I've seen in the past 20 years, and specifically after 9/11, is that the corporate media simply parrots government talking points (ie..: the run up to the Iraq war).

So, is it that far fetched that the six companies that own most of tv, print, and radio news in America would omit this? No, I don't think it is. I cannot say definitively that is the case, but it's possible. You paint the corporate media as some sort of disparate group when in reality, it is fairly consolidated.

#38     Jan 25, 2012
  9. It's more than an assertion. It's an application of Occam's razor. The media isn't the monolith you think it is, and the parroting of government talking points is more laziness and bad reporting than conspiracy.

#39     Jan 25, 2012
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Very true.

#40     Jan 25, 2012