US Deploys 12000 Troops to Libya

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Jan 23, 2012.

1. The United States has sent some 12,000 soldiers to Libya, in the first phase of deployments to the oil-rich North African nation.

According to Asharq Alawsat, the troops landed in the eastern oil port city of Brega.

Although the deployment is said to be aimed at generating stability and security in the region, the troops are expected to take control of the country's key oil fields and strategic ports.

Brega, the site of an important oil refinery, serves as a major export hub for Libyan oil. The town is also one of the five oil terminals in the eastern half of the country.

Following the popular uprising of the Libyan people, NATO launched a major air campaign against the forces of the former regime on March 19, 2011 under a UN mandate to “protect the Libyan population.”

The Western military alliance, however, was heavily criticized for its failure to protect civilians and taking action beyond the terms of the UN mandate.

On October 20, Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi was killed in his hometown of Sirte, eight months into an uprising that put an end to his 42-year dictatorship.

Human rights groups have accused NATO of committing war crimes and human rights violations against Libyans.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/222317.html

2. achilles28

achilles28

War is Peace.

Slavery is Freedom.

3. Do you have any credible sources for this?

Press TV is Iranian state owned and the source that they cite, Asharq Alawsat, doesn't say anything about it:
    http://www.asharq-e.com/default.asp

Googling it gives crap like infowars and Cynthia McKinney.

4. achilles28

achilles28

^Back in July, Infowars reported 12,000 US Troops would be deployed to Libya. That was based on tips called in by active duty military who listen to the Alex Jones show. It's a big radio show - some 3 million+ listeners, per day.

Check the video and the youtube upload date
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/35ndI5Z0C2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Alex Jones? Please.

6. achilles28

achilles28

Yea. Alex Jones. So what?

Btw, I read your little screed in the NWO thread. Nothing but crap. Your entire argument had zero-factual basis and simply name-called. Which proved nothing. I'm surprised RCG fell for it.

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Hmm so much for the "he is in Japan" theory.

8. Das went to Japan on business, and he's back now. :) .

9. So everything. Cite me a source with enough credibility to at least know Orly Taitz is full of shit. Citing stupid gulls gets you nowhere. Saying the gull has 3 million fellows just shows that 1% of the US population, at least, is just as stupidly gullible as he is.
    Means nothing. Cite a real source.

10. Well I only wanted to elicit opinions. I have posted enuf stuff about the NWO that I am not willing to dismiss it. Some people do. But I can see why that would be, so I thanked Tref for his contribution, and also pointed out why Ron Paul can never win.

If you challenge the Matrix, you are a Conspiracy Theorist. Those words continue to gain power to have the ability to censure and marginalize.

#10     Jan 23, 2012