US census worker hanging probed, so it begins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Um, Mr. Eight Ball: Blacks were here before abortion. In large numbers.
    But then, you're the guy who thought the census guy was doing something unconstitutional. The only reason I read your stuff is to remind myself just how deep into the infinite expanses of ignorance some of the posters here can manage to go.
    There's entertainment value, at least, in that. I like entertainment for free. Carry on.

#21     Sep 24, 2009
  2. Really if it turns out someone hanged the census worker couldn't we really consider it a form of abortion?

We know the head lib Hussein Obama is a staunch advocate of partial-birth abortion. Lets just take it a step further. Murder is no longer murder, it is post-birth abortion. With such language the left should champion the cause immediately. We could also find out how old the census worker is because if he is older than 62 then he does not count as a person, he counts as a liability.

#22     Sep 24, 2009
  3. Really if it turns out someone hanged the census worker couldn't we really consider it a form of abortion?

No.

Abortion is legal, hanging a man is not legal.

Secondly, you truly think this is a case of suicide? Or an accident?

The US worker was hanged, so what does that have to do with abortion?

We know the head lib Hussein Obama is a staunch advocate of partial-birth abortion. Lets just take it a step further. Murder is no longer murder, it is post-birth abortion. With such language the left should champion the cause immediately. We could also find out how old the census worker is because if he is older than 62 then he does not count as a person, he counts as a liability.

Complete irrationality...

Let me guess, Fox News viewer 24/7?

#23     Sep 24, 2009
    #24     Sep 24, 2009
  5. Caught you again...

The klannish fall in the same trap every time...

#25     Sep 24, 2009
  6. Klannish? I am from Malaysia you stupid idiot.

#26     Sep 24, 2009
  7. It wouldn't matter if you were from the moon or Mars, you are clearly one of the klannish...

#27     Sep 24, 2009
  8. hughb

hughb

Print Back to story

Investigators: Ky. census worker committed suicide
    By BRUCE SCHREINER and ROGER ALFORD, Associated Press Writers Bruce Schreiner And Roger Alford, Associated Press Writers
    8 mins ago

FRANKFORT, Ky. – Authorities are saying a Kentucky census worker found hanging from a tree with "fed" scrawled on his chest committed suicide and staged his death to look like a homicide.

A news release from Kentucky State Police said Tuesday that Bill Sparkman died at the same location where his body was found Sept. 12 near a cemetery in a heavily wooded area of southeastern Kentucky.

A man who found the body in the Daniel Boone National Forest said the 51-year-old was bound with duct tape, gagged and had an identification badge taped to his neck.

Investigators say Sparkman acted alone in manipulating the scene to conceal the suicide.

The news release says Sparkman had recently taken out two life insurance policies that would not pay out for suicide.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Authorities were set Tuesday to release findings from an investigation into the death of a census worker found hanging from a tree with the word "fed" scrawled on his chest.

Kentucky State Police Lt. David Jude said a news conference would be held at 2 p.m. EST. Federal and state investigators who have been working the case since September haven't yet announced whether Bill Sparkman's death was a homicide, suicide or accident.

Sparkman's naked body was found Sept. 12 near a cemetery in a heavily wooded area of southeastern Kentucky. One of the witnesses who found the body in the Daniel Boone National Forest said the 51-year-old was bound with duct tape, gagged and had an identification badge taped to his neck.

Authorities have said "fed" was likely written in pen.

The Associated Press previously reported, citing law enforcement officials who spoke anonymously, that investigators were examining whether Sparkman manipulated the scene in order to conceal a suicide and make a life insurance claim possible for his son. The two law enforcement officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.

Life insurance policies typically do not cover suicides within a certain time period after the policy begins.

Because he was a census employee, Sparkman's family would have been be eligible for up to $10,000 in death gratuity payments if he was killed on the job, according to the Office of Personnel Management. He was not eligible for a separate life insurance policy through the government because his census work was intermittent, Census Bureau spokesman Stephen Buckner has previously said.

Friends and co-workers have said that even while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer, Sparkman would show up for work smiling with a toboggan cap to cover his balding head. They said the substitute teacher and part-time census worker cherished the values he learned in his youth as he worked toward becoming an Eagle Scout. They said he was punctual and dependable.

___

Associated Press writer Devlin Barrett in Washington contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.Questions or CommentsPrivacy PolicyTerms of ServiceCopyright/IP Policy

#28     Nov 24, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Z10 told me once a black friend of mine is also klannish, because he watches FOX.

It's just another loser leftist "argument" designed to distract you from the fact he doesn't have a real argument.

#29     Nov 24, 2009
  10. I sleep quite comfortably thanks for your
    concern.

#30     Nov 24, 2009