US Capitalism has failed.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Mar 20, 2009.

1. neke

neke

No, finance capitalism is part of the productive process - via services rendered. It might have gotten ahead of itself, but then that's why there is a correction.

#21     Mar 20, 2009
  2. I don't understand why few people acknowledge in the slightest that these problems were mostly caused by uncontrolled federal deficit spending. Our gov't will, within about a decade, have a 10 to 1 or more ratio of debt to tax income. That is not sustainable. It's like the hypocrisy of someone making 100K trying to afford a 1milion dollar home. Oh wait, the result of someone trying to afford a home well over their income level seems to ring a bell...

#22     Mar 20, 2009
  3. It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.
    Winston Churchill

#23     Mar 20, 2009
  4. Neke....

No, finance capitalism is part of the productive process - via services rendered. It might have gotten ahead of itself, but then that's why there is a correction.

Very true....But the manufacturing base must be established in a competitive manner....

This requires for the finance portion....the politicos.....and most importantly....changes in the tax structure....

Of course they are all in the game....

There cannot be just a partial solution....

Especially the politicos which are 80% of the problem....

#24     Mar 20, 2009
  5. jem

jem

I am sure random capital will tell you it is jefferson. I am equally sure he will have trouble proving jefferson was for a progressive income tax.

although he will try make the analogy from quotes being made property tax.

#25     Mar 20, 2009
  6. Support your answer.

#26     Mar 21, 2009