US Born Children of Illegal Immigrants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TraderTactics, Aug 13, 2010.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I think it's time for our congress to be randomly tested for drug use because some of the stuff they think about involving immigration doesn't work and seems like someone is sitting on the toilet in the bathroom smoking some heavy stuff while thinking about immigration problems.

If they can't stop the growing illegal immigration problem...making U.S. born children share the same illegal status will put MORE strain on the social system, tax system et cetera...continuing that revolving circle.

I don't know a lot about the immigration problem but I've never heard about any programs that encourage or effective in encouraging illegals to become legal residents.

Regardless, what a mess and congress is trying to make it worst with their stupidity.

Mark

#11     Aug 13, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're a Canadian Gabby, mind your own fucking business will ya.

Go start poll on sub one second charts.

#12     Aug 13, 2010
  3. Embarrassed by what I see? You piss on your president by accusing him of trampling on the Constitution, and then you go shopping on the parts you like and don't like of that very same Constitution. Yes, if I were a hypocrite like you, I wouldn't want anyone else looking in either.

#13     Aug 14, 2010
  4. Close the border and this question becomes about 99.99% moot?

#14     Aug 14, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then stop looking and start minding your own business
    If it makes you feel any better I piss on you and your utterly irrelevant opinions too.

#15     Aug 14, 2010
  6. Wouldn't it be easier all around if you just donned your sheet? It's a look that suits you. To thine own self be true.

#16     Aug 14, 2010
  7. Testimony of Edward J. Erler
    Professor of Political Science, California State University, San Bernardino
    and
    Senior Fellow, The Claremont Institute for the Study of Statesmanship
    and Political Philosophy

Before the Subcommittee on Immigration and Claims

June 25, 1997

""[E]very person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

"In any case, there has never been a Supreme Court opinion holding that the children of illegal aliens are entitled to American citizenship by virtue of their birth within the geographical limits of the United States. Jurisdiction is not a geographical concept; it is a matter of political allegiance. Birth-right citizenship has no place in republican government; it is the relic of monarchy and should be recognized as such once again by Congress""

http://judiciary.house.gov/legacy/6042.htm

#17     Aug 14, 2010
  8. In 2008, 8% of all children born in the US were to delivered by mothers who were in the country illegally. Thirty years ago, that number was less than 1%.

The purpose of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution (passed in 1868) was to guarantee rights of citizenship to freed slaves after the Civil War. It was written as a direct rebuttal to the notorious Dred Scott decision handed down by the Supreme Court.

The 14th Amendment was never intended to be abused by people who come here illegally and have children to get free benefits from the US government.

#18     Aug 14, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

As usual, a baseless accusation of racism in the absence of...well...anything else. And in near record time.

Isn't it about time for you to start another low rated useless Gabby poll?

#19     Aug 14, 2010
  10. Baseless? Hardly. Your clear and present racism has been well and truly exposed during the course of this thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191952&perpage=6&highlight=lucrum racist&pagenumber=1

It's now a matter of ET record. I think kut2k2 encapsulated it best on page 20 of that thread:
    I don't see how we can improve upon his conclusion.

#20     Aug 14, 2010