US B-schools losing lustre for Indians

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Yuvrajjj, Nov 16, 2010.

1. B schools are now over-rated. The market is saturated. Plenty of unemployed MBA's with Experience.

Mumbia isn't that big of a place to absorb all of the "Indian" MBAs. So, they would have to look at England, Dubai and the US.

Being in the Private Equity, I see a huge shift away from newer MBA types. Many smaller, private firms are looking for "Movers and Shakers". Guys that can negoitate and sale. Not someone who has spent 2 years in school on "Theory".

The entire Private Equity Industry is in a huge overhaul mode and it is far more competitive to get a job in 2010/11 than in 2000.

Like most industries....Private Equity has cut the fat and is becoming a lean and mean machine.

Banks are spinning off their Private Equity/Trading groups per the new Regs.

Unless your a Managment MBA and wana run a "Distribution Center" for Wallmart or Granger..... The "Sexness" of an MBA is gone IMHO and so are the abundent job Openings. Unless you move to Asia.

2. jokepie

jokepie

3. paid in Ruppia or Euro or USD?

funny!

hey, see the episode on Trump's Apprentice?

"want me to read an email?". "Annan?, want me to read an email"?

"go ahead, Mr. Trump"

4. mahadiga

mahadiga

You don't need MBA if you're rich and connected.

5. profound statement, do you have one already?, to know the worth and value?

one can only gain entry into doors that are unlocked when opened with certain degrees,

then upon entry and being able to have sufficient performance to justify why thee instead of someone-else has that position, can one begin to understand the worth and value of the degree,

both the process, the development, the learning curve, the maturation factors and the overall growth

in a word,

why are most of the failures on Trump's Apprentice, B-school grads?

or more accurately, why do most of those who last for the majority of the episodes end up having had an advanced degree?

and the logical opposite question, why do most of those fired early on in the selection process not come with advanced degrees and experience having used them?

hmmmm