US Army Labels Christian Evangelicals, Catholics as Religious Extremists

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by achilles28, May 10, 2013.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Lumped together with Al Queda and Hamas....

By Todd Starnes

The U.S. Army listed Evangelical Christianity and Catholicism as examples of religious extremism along with Al Qaeda and Hamas during a briefing with an Army Reserve unit based in Pennsylvania, Fox News has learned.

“We find this offensive to have Evangelical Christians and the Catholic Church to be listed among known terrorist groups,” said Ron Crews, executive director of the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty. “It is dishonorable for any U.S. military entity to allow this type of wrongheaded characterization.”

The incident occurred during an Army Reserve Equal Opportunity training brief on extremism. Topping the list is Evangelical Christianity. Other organizations listed included Catholicism, Al Qaeda, Hamas, the Ku Klux Klan, Sunni Muslims, and Nation of Islam.

The military also listed “Islamophobia” as a form of religious extremism.

http://nation.foxnews.com/religion/...cs-examples-religious-extremism#ixzz2SrLzxNQr

[​IMG]

2. achilles28

achilles28

3. I have been saying that for months. Glad the government is aware of this.:)

4. You're a fucking idiot equating all those groups, but don't let facts get in your way ya dumbass muzzie.

5. The facts are that the United States Army agrees with me.:)

You heard that right winger groups are no different than Al-Queda right here on ET, from me, months ago.:cool:

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Some of those groups, like the KKK listed there under Christian, ARE extremist groups. Others, like the Church of Latter Day Saints...really? Terrorist?

Government is always the lowest IQ in the room.

7. what? That the gov't is rotting from within...........much like yourself.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Which means absolutely NOTHING Buckwheat. Ever here "Army Intelligence is a contradiction in terms"?

9. Did you see that on TV, chickenhawk?:D

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, I heard it from a guy who served in Vietnam. Who know, a soldier that unlike you was actually in harms way.

#10     May 10, 2013