US Army Colonel: Crushing a 'tea party insurgency'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Do you support a civil war to overthrow the government luke ?

#51     Dec 28, 2012
  2. I have a cousin and a nephew in the military, both of whom told me the same thing: They would never participate in any military action against US citizens under any conditions. That's not the job of the military. That's the job of civilian law enforcement (of whom there are over 800,000 in the US). They say that most military personnel feel the same way. They're not going to be put in a position of possibly shooting at friends, family and fellow Americans. That's not what they signed up for.

#52     Dec 28, 2012
  3. I'm sure The Generals have a plan for such soldiers.The Military oath includes domestic enemies

#53     Dec 28, 2012
  4. Soldiers are trained to not follow illegal or immoral orders. Tens of thousands of soldiers would refuse to participate on those grounds.

#54     Dec 28, 2012
  5. We have a govt?
    I thought we were just in a pre-caliphate state.
    Nothing of our nanny state resembles the philosophy the founding fathers established.

#55     Dec 28, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

You are a willfull idiot, there has been more than one case of Occuturds committing terrorist acts, yet for some reason you decide to key in on a random online internet petition which any person from any country can sign, and you think we should be worried about these people, even though they have yet to commit a single act of violence.....

#56     Dec 28, 2012
  7. Wishful thinking.They will follow orders just like they did in the first civil war

#57     Dec 28, 2012
  8. Yes it does, and I can tell you that the vast majority of those in uniform know just who that domestic enemy is, and they know it ain't their neighbor. The government as it stands today may be able to train a group of mercs that would turn on the civilian population, but the ranks in general...never gonna' happen.

#58     Dec 28, 2012
  9. You better be glad no one follows that oath to it's logical and rightful conclusion.:D :D

#59     Dec 28, 2012
  10. Nothing like attempted genocide eh?
    I can see where and why that appeals to you.

#60     Dec 28, 2012