Urine Test - Common sense...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cgroupman, Feb 27, 2009.

1. I'm not sure where to post this, but surely something to think about. Not my writing, just from an anonymous email:

-----------------------
    JOB - URINE TEST

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. So here is my question.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their rump--doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much moneythe state wouldsave if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. Some thing has to change in this country -- and soon!

------------------------------------------------

c

2. hughb

hughb

Living on the government dole is it's own punishment. A lot of angry people think that welfare recipients are living high on the hog. They aren't. Having my tax dollars distributed to the non-productive doesn't anger me as much as distributing them to large corporations. Now those guys are living high on the hog....

3. I agree with helping Americans, especailly those in need. Train welfare parents to take care of other welfare parents kids so they can perform some type of community service to help our neighborhoods until they get back on their feet. A safe and compassionate type of work fare. Much better than wasting trillions on stupid unjust wars, or bailing out corporations.

c

4. In NY they required a fingerprint check to obtain welfare. That threat knocked thousands off the rolls. I hear though that this requirement might be ended.

5. Train welfare parents to take care of other welfare parents kids
    --------------------

Ha. True story. Two welfare moms with kids on bus. One kid is running all over the bus with all types of disrupting behaviour. Second welfare mom tells the kid to sit down. Welfare mom number 1 said "Don't tell my kids what to do". These two mothers end up in a fist fight.

6. hughb

hughb

BWAHAHAHAHA! Saw the exact same scenario in a laundromat once.

7. Yes, thus the word TRAIN, I agree that only a small percentage would qualify to actually become licensed care providers. But, even a small number could help many in my opinion.

c

8. Laundromat?

Are you a trader or just a student? maybe a teenager?

Just curious

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'd tend to agree with you.
    I was researching the other day on the most common ways people get MRSA and strep infections, and one of the most common is with IV drug use. Almost makes me wish I was a junkie coz then I could at least have some sort of behavior to stop doing in order to get better.
    At any rate I was thinking: Do you remember those commercials back in the 80's: "This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs" and then they fry an egg.
    I could do one "This is your ass, this is your ass if you use IV drugs". Very profound.