Urgent : Just sold RBOBM8( IPE ) @ 3.1708

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, May 16, 2008.

1. Looks like you got hoes'd by my boys over at the ICE. Maybe next time kid.

#11     May 16, 2008
  2. very simply this...yesterday the ICE exchange went down!!!....the ICE has no floor to trade out when the electronic exchange goes down...it is all electronic...so, you would have had NO WAY to get out of a position if in one when ICE went down yesterday...if you were in a CME Globex SP trade and Globex went down...then you could trade out on the CME sp pit!!!!!!...there is your answer...BIG time...enough for me...a big lesson was learned yeaterday from the ICE 'meltdown' yesterday...

#12     May 16, 2008
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Not a problem with access to enter trades, problem is they noticed the trade bust one day after it occured. I was arbing ICE vs NYMEX and it's rare that there is any arb available. Yesterday, there was and I got in for 30 ticks on RBOB vs RB. It's true that I was quite off market but not that much... I've done more without busts before.

The result is that my only trade left after bust was on RB and I lost 1500 $.

Fuck this but I'm glad it's only 1 lot.

#13     May 16, 2008
  4. XBOT

XBOT

Have you called ICE? Before they break a trade they will call you.

#14     May 16, 2008
  5. What's ICE's policy for trade breaks?

#15     May 16, 2008
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

They called IB apparently 'cause the sales on the phone said they 've been noticed of the bust. I've called the trade desk and they said it was impossible to have the trade back.

I don't know ICE trade bust policy but I can state that it's great to be a market maker on ICE if they bust trades whenever you make an error... Fuck those guys...

Whatever...

#16     May 17, 2008
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

A little update on this issue :

The error was that IB accidentaly filled my trades in the wrong months( July instead of June ). I made a complaint and they offered to credit my account from what I lost on NYMEX gasoline( 1400$ ).

IB is a really great broker, I never thought they would do that... Bravo IB.:)

#17     Jun 11, 2008