URGENT: Does your credit rating affect your leverage?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by LodeRunner, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Heh, I remember hearing about those guys.

Yeah, you can make a steady income with blackjack or sometimes even poker, but I think that the odds are a lot better in the markets. And even if they aren't, at least no one is going to kick you out if you start consistently winning.

But in principle, my friend and I are out to do the same thing, just with futures instead of cards.

#41     Mar 11, 2006
  2. allonred

allonred

LodeRunner, with trashed credit I opened an account with Mann it was a while ago, so their policies might have changed. Another option is to open an LLC and open an account under the with that, that way you get the tax benefits and all that good stuff. I opened an account with IB like that. Feel free to PM me if you want.

red

#42     Mar 11, 2006

3. just read the account documents. they need to advise you prior to pulling your credit. this should answer your question.

surfer

#43     Mar 11, 2006
  4. Yeah, I suppose I can just send off a quick email to all the brokers I'm considering. Would be easiest.

Note to people still begging for the data: if you didn't post any useful info yesterday, then I'm not going to send you the data. Sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk about this, but I did pay good money for this stuff and I don't see anyone else giving away data around here. If you have data or useful advice (and I mean it has to be seriously useful and unique) of your own you'd like share, I'd be willing to trade.

Going on vacation, be back Saturday night. Thanks for the advice, guys.

Later.

#44     Mar 12, 2006