URGENT: Does your credit rating affect your leverage?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by LodeRunner, Mar 9, 2006.

1. If someone can point me to a good free hosting site, I can manually upload the data and PM the links to those people who were kind enough to reply.

#21     Mar 10, 2006
  2. Aapex

Aapex

You missed the point.
    They do pull credit at some brokerages to determine if you can even open an account there.

I should know. I was denied by a firm because of a prior BK.
    However, a Larger Firm allowed me to open and well.........the rest is history.

#22     Mar 10, 2006
  3. k, I've compressed it in a rar and put it up. PM if you want the link.

#23     Mar 10, 2006
  4. katesdp

katesdp

All firms check your credit and it does affect your margins.

#24     Mar 10, 2006

5. no, this is totally false.

sorry,

surfer:eek:

#25     Mar 10, 2006
  6. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Scottrade does a hard inquiry when opening an account.

#26     Mar 10, 2006
  7. katesdp

katesdp

No it is not.

Think about it.

#27     Mar 10, 2006
  8. jim c

jim c

ive opened two accts inthe last year with no hard inquiries. i dont think its true katesdp. jim

#28     Mar 10, 2006
  9. newbunch

newbunch

I believe the brokerage firm checks your credit and then either grants you margin or denies you. But they do not change the margin rates for each client.

#29     Mar 10, 2006
  10. plugger

plugger

As for any legal threats they might make to you, don't believe a word. It's all bullshit (unless it's a substantial amount)

I was contacted by a collection agency regarding a debt that was paid over 6 years ago. Not a word from them in the interim and then out of the blue, they tell me I owe money (it's a small amount, but it's the principal of the matter).

They are unable to provide any type of statement verifying the debt yet threatened legal action if i didn't pay. That was back in August. Over 6 months later, knowing where I am, still no legal action.

Pay it if you feel it is truly owed. Otherwise, don't take any of their threats seriously. This is how they operate, threats, intimidation and sometimes "I'll really want to help you with this" (that's my favourite).

On an off topic, who are the publicly traded collection agencies. Equifax, but who else? Should be a good business for the years to come.

#30     Mar 10, 2006