Uranium and Coal

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Sam123, Sep 22, 2005.

1. JayS

JayS

Nova Uranium Corporation

SYMBOL: NUC (Canadian Stock, TSX Venture Exchange)

#11     Apr 5, 2006
  2. My trailing stop got hit on Cameco. Cameco paid very well, but there are much smaller stocks that are making enormous strides. The ones I'm holding currently are (all Canadian tickers) PNP, DJE, TUE, ASX, SXR, PXP, DEN, LAM, FRG (also a NYSE stock) and a few other small ones. I am holding MNV on warrants because the management is top notch. These are all quite undiscovered, but there is still a lot of potential there. An unrelated energy play that I have held since the 20's is NEU (NYSE). I got SXR at 7.90 and IUC at $3.20 when it broke a cup and handle.

I like SXR. Their management is not as high a quality as PNP's or others, but I think they have good prospects. They are also mining in the Athabasca Basin and have promising results on their pre-drilling. I don't follow that too closely though.

CCJ (CCO.TO) is the flagship stock for uranium which gives it all the focus from the energy funds and institutional review. It has pretty much run up non-stop for almost 3 yrs. It seems to have gotten ahead of itself a bit and has run out of buyers for the short term. I held that stock for 2 1/2 yrs before my stop got hit. I am glad I had one. :)

It is amazing how much uranium is needed to run the planned build up in nuclear power. The Chinese and Indians are running around the globe signing contracts for future delivery. The US hasn't done that yet. Uranium is only now beginning to get some coverage and environmental groups are starting to endorse it. It remains the only viable solution to our CO problems and our hunger for energy.

I will continue to add on every dip and will hold until uranium becomes the buzz in the media.

#12     Apr 5, 2006
  3. Thanks for that info.
    Have been watching CCJ for a while, but have a real problem buying a stock with a P/E of 87 or so (down to 70, yay). Ben Graham's ghost keeps whispering in my ear... some of the others may be more attractive imho, and then can switch into CCJ on a dip or revaluation.

#13     Apr 5, 2006
  4. I agree about CCJ. I prefer to own CCO on the TSX (preference for Canadian currency exposure). I watch it every day on the 60 min to see if there are any signs of reversals. It finally broke the last high but it still hasn't set up yet.

I don't really pay attention to P/E. Most uraniums don't have a P/E to speak of. However, I look to the management, drilling reports vs. expectations and the technicals of their price action.

#14     Apr 5, 2006
  5. roncer

roncer

Well you guys have sure got my attention. Now I got to find a way to get TSX data.

I use trade Station and IB currently. I think IB will provide TSX data for an extra fee. However I sure wish TS charting would work also as I have never worked with IB charts.

Thanks Contango and Futures Trader 71 your post were very helpful.

#15     Apr 6, 2006
  6. FCCT

FCCT

Why is SXR halted? EMC too. Buyout approved on Friday. Its not new news, it was expected more or less.

#16     Aug 6, 2007