Uptodate Symbol list CSVs for Ninjatrader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by patroqueeet, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Hey,

I just switched to NinjaTrader and had troubles finding up-to-date symbol CSVs I can upload for stocks, futures, etc. I created a web application for my personal use to track symbol changes and provide updated CSV files every month.

I'm considering putting it into public as a webservice for everybody. But want to know if this makes sense before putting additional efforts in to make it nice and usable for you guys.

My question here is, if there is a need out there to get those CSVs too. I'm also considering inserting a filter so you can get symbols for specific exchanges, countries or security types.

What do you think?

Best

P

2. I'm a newb trying to figure out where to start.
    Did you ever develop the web platform?

I'm curious about why you "won't use Ninjatrader," do you have objections to it or are you just happy with a different system?:D :D :D

3. Thanks for the response. I don't use NT. (I don't use anything yet because I'm only learning and want to do it right when I start.) If you have any specific things you like or don't like in a system, I'm all ears...eyes . . . whatever. If not - thanks for the reply anyway. :)

4. Apologies - I see that I took the question outside the scope of the original topic. Thanks, Mark