Uptick Rule

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Billy Valentine, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Thats the problem with open forums - way too much banter

#11     Dec 13, 2007
  2. Or lost his/her ass in the whipsaw of the last few days....

:p

Good Luck!

#12     Dec 13, 2007
  3. jd7419

jd7419

Give it a rest man.

#13     Dec 13, 2007
  4. off the subject, but has anyone noticed that now that the short sale rule is gone, people have been using it as the reason why the market are down and so volatile over the past few months? I've heard it a few times now, about many blackbox's smashing the bid, and thats the reason the markts are going down 200+ a day. Such a joke

#14     Dec 13, 2007
  5. zdick

What a ass you are! How long have you been a losing trader? Change your attitude it might help you in life. In the meantime crawl back in your hole asshole!
    It's scum like you that ruin this site!

#15     Dec 13, 2007
  6. Was the uptick rule ever a problem with liquid stocks anyway ?

#16     Dec 16, 2007
  7. yeah, for NYSE stocks at least on news. Now you can just slam the bid

#17     Dec 16, 2007
  8. zdreg

zdreg

your post was seven weeks after my last post.

bottom line neither the OP or other posters with 1 exception shared any information.

#18     Dec 19, 2007
  9. zdreg

zdreg

going to penny increments before elimination of the uptick rule also made shorting easier.
    the question is whether in a sustained downdraft in the market will the uptick rule be reinstituted?

as to volatility a 200 point move at these levels is a small %move.

#19     Dec 19, 2007

10. The SEC had test stocks for about 2 years so i do not see how they could, even with pressure from people like Schumer, they would have a bunch of imperial data.

IMO its so narrow minded, there are plenty of Futures options and ETF's you can hit without a downticks, so i dont see how being able to short stocks on a downticks makes a difference. The uptick rule did not lower the market, 100 billion of bank write downs did

#20     Dec 19, 2007