Uptick Rule

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Billy Valentine, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Are there any foreign stock markets that still have a tick test rule for short sales?

Thanks

2. anyone?

3. zdreg

zdreg

do some work on your own and don't ask open ended questions.

4. First of all, you have no idea how much work I have done. Second, this is not open-ended. Either someone can name a specific market that still has short-sale restrictions or they can't. Your pointless response just reminded me why I hardly ever waste my time on this site.

5. Which ones are you interested in?

6. zdreg

zdreg

it is open ended since you did not make a specific request. secondly you did not share any research that you have already done.this shows that you do not care if someone produces duplicate information which you may already have.

7. I gotta say, not trying to pick a bone with you personally, but to me, the man just came across as asking a fair question and seems to be getting too much harshness for it. I think that harshness could be better directed elswhere.

I was always under the impression that the uptick rule only existed in US securities as part of the Securities act of 1934 in response to the Great Depression; the concept of other countries copying that inane piece of legislation is new to me.

8. zdreg

zdreg

it is not a fair question for the reasons enumerated. since he says i don't know what preliminary research he has done i can only infer from the way he has asked the question. if he has done any work he should have shared it immediately with others to increase the knowledge of all.

9. Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

10. mnx

mnx

Toronto Stock Exchnage...

- mnx

#10     Oct 23, 2007