Uptick Rule Removal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tradersboredom, Feb 12, 2009.

1. zdreg

zdreg

I never said removing the uptick rule was bad. you are mixing me up with some other posters. therefore your statement is preposterous.

the point became moot not when you went to decimalization but when you went to penny increments. fyi there was a time with nickel increments.

#31     Feb 12, 2009
  2. Tide31

Tide31

This might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in this traders forum. 500 posts in 2 months since joining? Did you just get fired and are trying to irk as many people as possible? If you lived thru the crash of 1987, or were even born, you would not have written this. It is really not worthy of comment, other than to say it was quite far from a one day event and more due to a 'lack' of computers. Programs were sent to the floor with 500 individual order tickets, the IBM 186 hard drives took overnight to 'process' the results. Back to your history books.

#32     Feb 12, 2009
  3. jprad

jprad

Not quite.

While the SEC demanded the exchanges move to decimalized price quotes they only made recommendations on minimum price variation (MPV). The actual MPV value was left up to the exchanges to decide.

http://www.sec.gov/rules/other/decimalp.htm

#33     Feb 12, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

1)what is the point of your post?

2)you didn't bother to retract your previous preposterous remark about what i said.

#34     Feb 12, 2009
  5. jprad

jprad

Et tu, eh?

#35     Feb 12, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

why don't you reread my posts? so far all u have done is make incorrect attributions to what people say. furthermore you have neglected the points i have made.. you defend
    a third poster who is unwilling and unable to back his statements by telling me to google.
    that is logic of a third rate nature.

you feel discussing something from the past is a waste of time. you are entitled to your opinion.

#36     Feb 12, 2009
  7. Gotta love conspiracy theorists!

#37     Feb 12, 2009
  8. Mario66

Mario66

bring it back

#38     Feb 18, 2009