Uptick Rule Removal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tradersboredom, Feb 12, 2009.

1. zdreg

zdreg

please explain how it was easy to short with the uptick rule.

#11     Feb 12, 2009

2. I prefer actual price adjustment on a given stock for a reason, not because some 25 year old hack trader at Goldman has a lot of buying power and feels like wackin a stock left and right while he scalps it.
    As soon as they took out the uptick rule, stocks that had no business trading erratically were trading like aapl just for the sake of trading it. There was no benefit to it. I still don't understand why it was done.

#12     Feb 12, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

what you are referring to is called noise.
    alot of traders make a good living off noise .
    basically if u are investor or a swing trader you can ignore the noise.

what usually happens is that what are relatively small moves in the long run excite and make investors nervous. they then unload their positions. in the long run if u are an investor u should probably not look at your positions on a daily basis.

the trader might have been able to get around the uptick rule but i am still awaiting the answer from poster trom who thought it was easy to do.

#13     Feb 12, 2009
  4. trom

trom

One old example: bullets

#14     Feb 12, 2009
  5. jprad

jprad

You only have yourself to blame if you didn't trade the trend.

#15     Feb 12, 2009
  6. jprad

jprad

Hardly.

The ones going private can't afford to be public anymore due to the costs of SarBox compliance.

#16     Feb 12, 2009
  7. zdreg

zdreg

since u said that i don't know what i am talking about why should you assume i know what bulletins are.

in any case bullets were not available to the general public. they were also an additional cost.

why don't u write techniques that were available to the general public.

#17     Feb 12, 2009
  8. It has added to my profits, I don't care about the companies.

#18     Feb 12, 2009
  9. trom

trom

There were ways around the uptick rule. I gave you one of them. Who cares if Joe Public knew about it?

#19     Feb 12, 2009
  10. Just about every single Bush appointee has been horribly INCOMPETENT.

SEC Commissioner Christopher Cox certainly fits that description, among others.

#20     Feb 12, 2009