Uptick Rule Removal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tradersboredom, Feb 12, 2009.

1. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

Only reason for removal of uptick rule was to make shorts money.

It took one day of deep deliberation by SEC to unamiously vote yes to remove uptick rule with consultation with madoff and his racket brokers hedge funds.

now Cramer and investors are begging the crooked SEC to reinstate the uptick rule which is 1 year too late. the damage has been done to the markets. liquidity has been sucked dry. there is limited capital or cash in the markets.

now they don't allow shorting at the bottom , shorts don't short at the bottom. ban on shorting is useless now.

2. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

SEC and all the market regulators who control the markets are crooks okay, i tell you this.

3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

the public markets are so corrupt. legitimate companies want to be delisted and becom private companies instead.

4. You're talking to yourself.

5. Definitely a stupid thing that was done. Removal of the uptick rule was horrible. I've never seen stocks fall so fast.

6. I dunno they are crooks but they are incompetent bureaucrats, for sure.

7. You Sir, are a clown.

8. Not that I have any interest in individual stocks, the uptick rule did nothing to prevent the October 1987 crash of 23 percent in one day.

9. zdreg

zdreg

you don't speak like a trader.
    there was always good reasons for the stock to fall.

there is a old saying a short sharp pain is better than a long lingering pain.

do you prefer immediate price adjustment or the air being let out of the stock over months?

10. trom

trom

It was very easy, and legal, to short on a downtick even when there was an uptick rule.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

#10     Feb 12, 2009